Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #10,336 of 12,007
I see your points, but better communication by all along the supply chain to the consumer would ease/erase ill feelings for many. It doesn’t take much to say, “Sorry that we will be late with your shipment. We were overwhelmed by preorders. Thank you for your interest in Moondrop products! The global supply chain issues have delayed our shipments. We have released the first 150 preorder sets. We will give you regular updates as more sets are shipped.”
I won’t disagree with you. In our digital era, it is relatively easy to communicate. But I will nuance my agreement with you…. Would you expect that communication on this forum, or on every forum? What about buyers that are not on using online forums - should Moondrop reach out to all buyers? This forum works well for you, but not for all. Bottom line is there is no way to make everyone happy…

Ultimately I will stick with my advice…. Most people really should not preorder anything…

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #10,337 of 12,007
I won’t disagree with you. In our digital era, it is relatively easy to communicate. But I will nuance my agreement with you…. Would you expect that communication on this forum, or on every forum? What about buyers that are not on using online forums - should Moondrop reach out to all buyers? This forum works well for you, but not for all. Bottom line is there is no way to make everyone happy…

Ultimately I will stick with my advice…. Most people really should not preorder anything…
Vendor’s know who preordered the Kato. They gladly accepted the buyers’ payments! The vendors should be sending out emails. That covers all those that preordered. Moondrop can support the vendors with posts here and social media. The vendors could have a banner on their sites. That covers prospective buyers. No one is missed.

I am one that is somewhat patient with preorders being delayed. Stuff happens. When there is communication I am much more patient.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #10,338 of 12,007
Vendor’s know who preordered the Kato. They should be sending out emails. That covers all those that preordered. Moondrop can support the vendors with posts here and social media. The vendors could have a banner on their sites. That covers prospective buyers. No one is missed.

I am one that is somewhat patient with preorders being delayed. Stuff happens. When there is communication I am much more patient.
I agree that more communication is possible, and also that it would be preferable! But, would that be limited to Moondrop’s KATO, or for all products everywhere? While possible and preferable, unfortunately I don’t think that it is reasonable to expect…. But, yeah, I am much happier when I am communicated with!

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #10,339 of 12,007
I agree that more communication is possible, and also that it would be preferable! But, would that be limited to Moondrop’s KATO, or for all products everywhere? While possible and preferable, unfortunately I don’t think that it is reasonable to expect…. But, yeah, I am much happier when I am communicated with!
Kato at the least.

Dunu has/had a banner on their site about Covid delays. That covered all of their products.

Verizon does a fantastic job of communicating shipping timeframes on orders. Amazon. Urban Outfitters. LLBean. Lana Delray’s online store…. I think it is reasonable to expect some Chinese companies to take some cues from some American companies on how shipping is done and done right.
I don’t want to clog up the thread anymore than what I have. Thanks for the discussion!

Oct 12, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #10,340 of 12,007
Kato at the least.

Dunu has/had a banner on their site about Covid delays. That covered all of their products.

Verizon does a fantastic job of communicating shipping timeframes on orders. Amazon. Urban Outfitters. LLBean. Lana Delray’s online store…. I think it is reasonable to expect some Chinese companies to take some cues from some American companies on how shipping is done and done right.
I don’t want to clog up the thread anymore than what I have. Thanks for the discussion!
Excellent points and examples, and I think you are right - I probably should raise my expectations! :)

Oct 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #10,341 of 12,007
Getting frustrated. On Apos Audio, Kato was supposed to ship by the end of September, then October 15, and now October 22. But Moondrop posted they would start shipping last Friday, the 8th. So what is the true shipping date? I wish manufacturers would under promise instead of over promise on delivery dates. They want to promise a shipping date they know they can't meet so we will either preorder or keep waiting for so we won't buy another brand. Not the best way to do business.
That's what we want to do either... No one is a fan of delay except some collectible company who starve customers...
The reason was already mentioned earlier, it was due to a significant electricity crisis in China that happened almost jointly with our KATO manufacturing. Both MOONDROP and our suppliers suffers power limit policy to different extents(the worst story we hear was work 3 days, take rest for 4 days)
But anyway, our deepest apologies to those who affected by it. We'll try get everything back on track.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #10,342 of 12,007
That's what we want to do either... No one is a fan of delay except some collectible company who starve customers...
The reason was already mentioned earlier, it was due to a significant electricity crisis in China. Both MOONDROP and our suppliers suffers power limit policy to different extents(the worst story we hear was work 3 days, take rest 4 days)
But anyway, our deepest apologies to those who affected by it. We'll try get everything back on track.
Thank you for providing that insight!

I want to also note that I received a very nice personal note a few hours ago from Apos explaining the situation. Kudos to them as well!

Oct 13, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #10,343 of 12,007
They are waiting for the anime girl packaging 🤣
Not really… we are stuck on some driver material and also the new eartips

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Oct 13, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #10,344 of 12,007
Chinese manufacturing is going through some crazy delays right now, with the government ordering factory shutdowns in order to make sure the Winter Olympics have clean air and blue skies.
It’s not about olympic, olympic shutdowns are usually local, while this time, is relatively domestic.(plus they already decide not to sell tickets to travellers, making the point of temporary shutdown not that important)

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Oct 13, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #10,345 of 12,007
Also in the USA there might be future delays with the current situation with the supply chain issues. I noticed my last order cable order from China took a extra 2 weeks to arrive.
I was reading that a cargo containers that cost 3 thousand a year ago to ship is now over twenty thousand. With taking longer to offload the cargo and a shortage of long haul truckers have a feeling delays are going continue to get worse. Well at least in America.
Sorry if I strayed from the subject matter. Didn’t mean to upset anyone we all hate waiting.

Oct 14, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #10,346 of 12,007
Also in the USA there might be future delays with the current situation with the supply chain issues. I noticed my last order cable order from China took a extra 2 weeks to arrive.
I was reading that a cargo containers that cost 3 thousand a year ago to ship is now over twenty thousand. With taking longer to offload the cargo and a shortage of long haul truckers have a feeling delays are going continue to get worse. Well at least in America.
Sorry if I strayed from the subject matter. Didn’t mean to upset anyone we all hate waiting.
yeah...... my other hobby also disappointed me several times.

Attachments

• QQ截图20211014023456.jpg
    QQ截图20211014023456.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back