Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 8, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #9,916 of 12,002
I swear I would consider it, but there are two points that lead me to exclude him from the list.

The first is that they don't sell on AliExpress and the second is that production is by hand (nothing against it), but I'm afraid of having a QC problem (I had with Aria, Moondrop sent me a new unit) and it would be difficult to solve.

But that's a beautiful IEM!
On the contrary, because it is assembled by hand, there are less chances that you would have a bad quality unit, because he takes care in assembling it, and testing it. After placing order, he takes 2-3 weeks to prepare it completely. He won't send a unit that has been poorly assembled.
However, the products that are manufactured in batches, will have more chances of having a bad quality.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #9,917 of 12,002
Hi guys!

A few months ago, the members here helped me choose Moondrop Aria.

After a few months, the IEM surprises me more and more. I lost count of how many hours of burn-in I've done so far, but one thing has been calling my attention: Aria's presentation of micro-details.

It's amazing, I just sometimes think my IEM is defective as actually the noises that occur in the microphone in a podcast for example.

Now my question is: is there any IEM in the $125 range that has more impact on the sub-bass and bass and has microdetail presentation in the mids (specifically on the vocals) or not? It doesn't have to be from Moondrop, but I'm asking here because this topic is very active.

I had thought about FiiO FD1 before Aria and now they've released FD3, but I've read that FD1 doesn't have as much microdetail presentation as Aria and FD3 doesn't have as much emphasis on bass. Maybe the FH3?

Thanks!
The FD3 has excellent bass, especially with the bass nozzles installed. There's lots of detail as well. Definitely worth a try.

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #9,918 of 12,002
My current source is an ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING (Realtek S1200A) and a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (I hardly use it, the IEMs are on my PC desk).

Have you ever heard anything from Aurora? I have it as a reference. If you can listen to "Aurora - Animal (Live at The Current)" available on YouTube (), I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

ok,
my iem recommendation for this song is:
- big stage
- a little bit reduced upper mid
- good mid bass slam
- neutral subbass,
- rolled-off treble

my top rec for you is Ikko OH10, but it's not optimal without an amp,
you will lose bass slam and resolution,
best budget amp would be the Aune B1s, it's superb,
as far as I know there is nothing slams harder than the OH10,
but it will stretch your budget too much,

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #9,919 of 12,002
for $200,

- Aune B1s
- Apple dongle, $7,
- Tripowin Mele, $50,
- Xinnhs cable, $10,
- Azla Crystal, $8,
- Radius Deep Mount, $4,

@Bruno Ibanes

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #9,920 of 12,002
Sep 8, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #9,921 of 12,002
ok,
my iem recommendation for this song is:
- big stage
- a little bit reduced upper mid
- good mid bass slam
- neutral subbass,
- rolled-off treble

my top rec for you is Ikko OH10, but it's not optimal without an amp,
you will lose bass slam and resolution,
best budget amp would be the Aune B1s, it's superb,
as far as I know there is nothing slams harder than the OH10,
but it will stretch your budget too much,
I have another question: if I have reduced mids and trebles, don't I lose in microdetail capture? I've had a Tin Audio T2 Pro before and it had really high treble, some users complained about sibilance, I loved it.

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #9,922 of 12,002
https://twitter.com/MoondropLab/status/1435527279120044035?s=19

#KATO will be officially revealed at 10 am Sept 9th(UTC+8). Meanwhile, the pre-order channel will be opened from Sept 9th to 16th, you're able to get a free High-Quality upgrade Cable, only during this period, naming Line "K", which is available in 3.5mm, 2.5mm bal, and 4.4mm bal https://t.co/UGYeGQgOwz
I check this thread several times a day just waiting for the preorder link to be posted so I can buy it. 😀

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #9,923 of 12,002
img.png
From another forum*

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #9,924 of 12,002
Sep 8, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #9,926 of 12,002
After two months of waiting…my B2 Dusk is finally out for delivery. Now I just really hope I like them, and that they fit me lol. Would hate to have been patient for this long only to find out they aren’t to my liking. At least regarding fit, I can try spinfits.
Dusk is a highly revealing, detailed, textured, accurate imaging, realistic soundstage iem. The only downside I can see is if your a bass head but given your ordering the Dusk you more than likely already know its a neutral sound signature.

However the texture you get from the bass notes are excellent. And you can always eq a bit more bass if you want, just do it in very small increments imo. I never eq any of my iems but some people do and have success with it. 👍

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #9,927 of 12,002
Dusk is a highly revealing, detailed, textured, accurate imaging, realistic soundstage iem. The only downside I can see is if your a bass head but given your ordering the Dusk you more than likely already know its a neutral sound signature.

However the texture you get from the bass notes are excellent. And you can always eq a bit more bass if you want, just do it in very small increments imo. I never eq any of my iems but some people do and have success with it. 👍
I wouldn’t consider myself much of a basshead. I think my main concern is being so used to using over ears almost all the time, and using the K371 as my office pair but feeling they’re just a tad too vanilla and lacking in detail (although they do sound good). I know IEMs aren’t headphones, but at the time, good IEMs at this price point were few and far between. Now there’s way more options, especially compared to closed backs, where most of the best options either are too expensive or not portable enough.

Use Focal Clears and EMU Ebony at home, love both.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #9,930 of 12,002
I wouldn’t consider myself much of a basshead. I think my main concern is being so used to using over ears almost all the time, and using the K371 as my office pair but feeling they’re just a tad too vanilla and lacking in detail (although they do sound good). I know IEMs aren’t headphones, but at the time, good IEMs at this price point were few and far between. Now there’s way more options, especially compared to closed backs, where most of the best options either are too expensive or not portable enough.
I've never listened to k371 but usually iems soundstage are gonna be more in your head than over the ear headphones. But one thing I can promise you is detail. You will get plenty of detail and very accurate imaging. Good seperation of instruments mainly from left to right but you do get some thing behind the head or just above your head (depends on music). The soundstage isnt big, but the soundstage is extremely tasteful and not congested at all. A very pleasing iem all around especially for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back