Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #2,299 of 12,011
Speaking of the A8, with its huge ear bores. I would like to have it deeper in my ear canal. Using the smallest tips, it's not quite where I want it. Any ideas? I usually use triple flanges for my other IEMs in this case but i've never seen any that come close to fitting a 5.5mm bore.

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #2,300 of 12,011
Any suggestions for cleaning the KPE grills? I think I ha a thin sheen of ear wax blocking the small grill opening. I have read problems with removing them and trying to put those back, so haven’t tried that. I have them in with silica desiccant to try to dry them out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,301 of 12,011
Hydrogen peroxide can dissolve earwax. I wouldn't dip the IEM in it but maybe a drop on the screen followed by lightly damping up the drop after it sits for awhile might help.

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #2,302 of 12,011
Hydrogen peroxide can dissolve earwax. I wouldn't dip the IEM in it but maybe a drop on the screen followed by lightly damping up the drop after it sits for awhile might help.
Awesome suggestion! Will try that today. I will put some on a Q-tip and apply to the screen while holding the IEM nozzle down and keeping it that way so no liquid pours into the IEM. Thank you again for the suggestion!

Happy Easter!

Apr 21, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #2,306 of 12,011
Any suggestions for cleaning the KPE grills? I think I ha a thin sheen of ear wax blocking the small grill opening. I have read problems with removing them and trying to put those back, so haven’t tried that. I have them in with silica desiccant to try to dry them out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I would slightly dip the tip in 99% isopropyl alcohol and let them dry out a few times. The 99% will evaporate quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back