Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier
Nov 14, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #783 of 1,920
You know the old saying, "don't shoot the messenger" but in my case it was my Dac. I had the Vega with the Taurus II and of course there was course some synergy. The units were designed to compliment each other. Of the two, the Taurus II is clearly the most neutral. I always used the Vega in the highest clock setting, but still I found it to be slightly warm and not the most transparent DAC even cabled with a Audioquest Diamond USB and Wireworld Platinums, both of regarded as very reveiling but dead on neutral. I upgraded my DAC and the presentation became more transparent and dynamic with the Taurus II and even more engaging with my 430HA. As we know, in audio everything matters. Speaking for myself, addressing the front end and the cables provided a new synergy that really revealed the 430HA's wonderful sonic signature.

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #784 of 1,920
Moon 600i arrived yesterday. Speaker to Abyss Toxic Widow cables ordered, when the Lumin A1 gets here I'll do some A/B comparisons and report back.

FYI, the Moon 600i:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/simaudio-moon-600i-tas-210-1/

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #785 of 1,920
  Moon 600i arrived yesterday. Speaker to Abyss Toxic Widow cables ordered, when the Lumin A1 gets here I'll do some A/B comparisons and report back.

FYI, the Moon 600i:

Very nice Yoga! That is a sweet integrated. We need pics and a report when you can!

beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #786 of 1,920
  Very nice Yoga! That is a sweet integrated. We need pics and a report when you can!

beerchug.gif

Very excited to hear it! I'll be getting a new equipment rack soon and once installed and setup I'll be sure to post some photos :¬)

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #787 of 1,920

FYI, the Moon 600i:

You will have some amazing times ahead bro ... very happy owner here 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #788 of 1,920
  You will have some amazing times ahead bro ... very happy owner here 
biggrin.gif

I didn't notice you owned the 600i! I've just nabbed some Tellurium Q Black speaker cable to connect to LS50s - should be an incredible upgrade over the Burson Timekeeper and generic speaker cable :¬)

Have you ever driven your Abyss via the 600i?

Nov 22, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #791 of 1,920
Well, I can honestly say that the Moon 600i is astonishingly good. I'm still waiting for the Lumin so in the interim I've been using a £70 NuForce u-DAC3, and even with that tiny little thing the sound is phenomenal. The Abyss scale incredibly well. I can't wait to hear this paired with the Lumin / Analog / TotalDAC.

Full report after proper comparisons.

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #792 of 1,920
  Well, I can honestly say that the Moon 600i is astonishingly good. I'm still waiting for the Lumin so in the interim I've been using a £70 NuForce u-DAC3, and even with that tiny little thing the sound is phenomenal. The Abyss scale incredibly well. I can't wait to hear this paired with the Lumin / Analog / TotalDAC.

Full report after proper comparisons.

I had some time with the 700i at RMAF and it is a beast! I doubt there is enough more to scale with the Evolution separates to make much difference.

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #793 of 1,920
Curious about what was said at Big Sound, mainly that they sounded very similar to an OTL amp, the Apex Teton. I would guess this is a good thing, but it doesn't really seem to be so from the last few pages of this thread...

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #794 of 1,920
  Curious about what was said at Big Sound, mainly that they sounded very similar to an OTL amp, the Apex Teton. I would guess this is a good thing, but it doesn't really seem to be so from the last few pages of this thread...

I don't feel it sounds like an OTL. I have the Cary SLI-80 Ultimate here and it has its own character that I do not equate to the Neo 430.  But I did not agree with everything from that event. Great idea for an event but as is usually the case we all hear things in our own way.

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #795 of 1,920

The Moon 430 is an amazing amp. The 600i is just better (and over 2-3x the cost).

I don't feel it sounds like an OTL. I have the Cary SLI-80 Ultimate here and it has its own character that I do not equate to the Neo 430.  But I did not agree with everything from that event. Great idea for an event but as is usually the case we all hear things in our own way.

Agreed - the headphone scores/rankings especially! :¬)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back