Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier
Jul 23, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #601 of 1,920
  Anybody heard the new 230HA?

Might make a great desktop DAC + Amp unit for the office.

I am not sure there are any in the wild yet. If they are no way they are broken in for comparison. it won't be long though.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #602 of 1,920
Roger that. Might be a few weeks before some reviews pop up. On size and pricing appears to be a direct competitor to some of the Burson products.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #603 of 1,920
  Roger that. Might be a few weeks before some reviews pop up. On size and pricing appears to be a direct competitor to some of the Burson products.

I would agree. Looks like most of the guts of the 430 without the multiple inputs/outputs.

Jul 24, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #605 of 1,920
  Eric, surely you'll be providing us an insight to the 230HAD!

I was just asked yesterday by Simaudio if I wanted a review unit. 

Weeeellllll....OK......
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #607 of 1,920

BTW...Post 7000! Crazy.....

Here is the Wells Headtrip as an example of top dollar amps. $7000. One of a very few equal to the Moon in my experience.

please PLEASE! describe more how it was especialy vs 430ha

The Headtrip is a powerful and wonderful headphone amp. It is one of the best I have ever heard. I have not had it in house to compare to the Moon 430HA. Immtbiker reviewed it on Guru recently. I will say that I am a big fan of Jeff's products. Like the Simaudio team, he cares greatly about the quality of amp he sells. I had a great conversation with Mr. Wells at the Head-Fi meet in San Francisco last weekend. He is a wealth of audio knowledge. Sonically, I could easily live with both amps. Functionally, the 430HA offers more. So, I bought the 430HA. There are no downsides here. Just sonic characteristics. How do you want to win?

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #609 of 1,920
Jul 25, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #611 of 1,920
  Hey! I'll be in Denver by Wednesday evening. If you are there let's hook up for dinner or something. Let me know.

Jeff

Will do Jeff. Looking forward to it!

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #612 of 1,920
Personally there are better sounding components than moon out there. I myself have heard better. The moon stuff sounds ok  but they are not my cup of tea. I have heard some amazing headphone amps notably the cavallis  and they can sound awesome. The decware amp I heard at chi-unify with the new hifi man 1000s  sounded damn nice. Of course the theta dac is way better than the onboard moon dac. I used to own an old basic lll  dac and it was not shabby at all. I am sure the newer theta dac is significantly better sounding than my old basic lll. If you have not heard a theta dac recently you should check one out. They are not inexpensive but theta sounds like they still deliver the goods.

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #613 of 1,920
There are flavors out there for everyone. I enjoyed my Decware gear and still own their speakers. I have just finished reviewing the ALO Audio Studio Six SET headphone amp. Awesome piece. The Moon for me is a great all rounder. Plus its capabilities as a Pre-amp are very strong. I am glad I have added it to my collection. I agree there are better DAC's however, the price of the DAC board is not steep and the convenience factor is very high. You get great connectivity with that board installed using the 430HAD as a center piece to a system or just as a widely capable centerpiece to a headphone rig.

As with anything in audio YMMV.

beerchug.gif

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #614 of 1,920
Anyone made a comparison between the Headamp GS-X MKII and the 430HA?

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #615 of 1,920
I tested this at a local hifi shop some weeks ago. It was primarily to test different headphones. I tested HE-1000, HE-560, HD-800, SRH 1840, LCD-3, LCD-X, LCD-2, T1 and many more. The main thing i noticed was how amazing this amp ran all the different headphones. So after testing tons of different headphones, it was the amp that stole my attention :p When I get hold of more money I'm sure i will buy me one of these :D

I did not test the DAC. How does it compare to other $1000 DACs? Is there any reason to skip DAC and get another?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back