Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier
Feb 19, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #211 of 1,920
This is a damn good amp/dac combo. Plug and play to modern Mac's, DSD thru USB rez- Native. To me, it's a one piece wonder for high-end headphone enthusiasts...

Joe

+1.

It pairs ever so well with the Auralic Vega DAC. Result is highly musical and enjoyable with bags of detail.

I particularly like this amp really does pack the cajones to drive the HE6 very well indeed, and does an excellent double duty as my preamp as well.

Also pairs very well with the HD800 - something not all amps can do.

I am very happy customer.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #212 of 1,920
+1.

It pairs ever so well with the Auralic Vega DAC. Result is highly musical and enjoyable with bags of detail.

I particularly like this amp really does pack the cajones to drive the HE6 very well indeed, and does an excellent double duty as my preamp as well.

Also pairs very well with the HD800 - something not all amps can do.

I am very happy customer.

I really love the XFeed feature. It smothen out the bad treble of some bright tracks and adds warmth as well.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #213 of 1,920
I really love the XFeed feature. It smothen out the bad treble of some bright tracks and adds warmth as well.

Haven't tried that yet - have to give it a shot - thanks
smile.gif

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #214 of 1,920
The thing that impressed me most with the upper end Sim ix00 is the realistic presentation around the headstage. The depth of spatial detail is stunning and makes headphones more speaker like. Does the 430 do the same?

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #215 of 1,920
The thing that impressed me most with the upper end Sim ix00 is the realistic presentation around the headstage. The depth of spatial detail is stunning and makes headphones more speaker like. Does the 430 do the same?

It feels like 3D, thats all what I can say about the 430. So yes there is a depth BUT keep in ind that it all depends on the track.
If the track was mixed within a wide stage settings then you will enjoy a massive, deep and realistic stage. However, intimate mixing will stay narrow no matter what amp you are using. 
I am using LCD3 with Fazor. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #216 of 1,920
I noticed that the XFeed feature has no audible effect on well recorded tracks!
It is ONLY obvious on bad tracks that have high treble, once the XFeed on the sound is more musical and less clinical. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #218 of 1,920
The 430 is wonderful and musical amp I am enjoying it so much. 

I never heard a SS amp like the 430, it is warm and detailed! Sim audio nailed the sound signature here. 

Another YES vote!

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #220 of 1,920
I am very happy with the 430ha performance. I do notice that the music sounds better at louder volumes. For the hd800 on low gain, i generally run the 430 at 60. Even on my speaker system , i tend to play it loud so this could be my own preference. I was thinking that the moon neo line of equipment is their midrange. Could you imagine if they made a top of the line evolution headphone amp. The only problem is that the price would be much higher ie 3 times or more the price of the 430.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #221 of 1,920
  .. Could you imagine if they made a top of the line evolution headphone amp. The only problem is that the price would be much higher ie 3 times or more the price of the 430.

In a way, that is what Simaudio have done with the 430HA. Their product info states that many components and design aspects for the Neo 430HA headphone amp have come from the Evo 740P preamp. Could they take it even further? Probably - but what would the market be like for 10K SS headphone amps?

That raises an interesting question - are there any 10K SS headphone amps on the market? I can think of a number of tube amps at or above that price point, but not a single SS unit (for tubes the Apex Pinnacle / WA234 / Viva Egoista + others I can't remember right now). Are there any megabuck SS equivalents?

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #222 of 1,920
The MacIntosh at $4500 is one of the most expensive I can think of. Maybe the Wells Audio at $7000 would be the top priced SS.

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #223 of 1,920
The MacIntosh at $4500 is one of the most expensive I can think of. Maybe the Wells Audio at $7000 would be the top priced SS.

Wow - now that's a statement SS headphone amplifier:

LINK

Looks like hybrid speaker / headphone amp (as many of the high end amps are).

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #224 of 1,920

Wow - now that's a statement SS headphone amplifier:

LINK

Looks like hybrid speaker / headphone amp (as many of the high end amps are).

I listened to it briefly at RMAF. Not enough time to make a useful opinion. Beautifully made as you would expect for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back