Moon Audio Reviews
Aug 29, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #31 of 328
Ordered DT880/600 on Thursday, item arrived the following Tuesday, well packaged and in perfect condition.

Transaction was quick and easy and Drew was quick to respond to emails.

The DT880 sound great and I am very satisfied with this purchase.

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #33 of 328
Ordered the iQube V2, arrived in 2 days- super fast. Was also presently surprised when the V1's elastic band was included in the box, perfect for use with my 5G ipod.

Sep 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #34 of 328
Ordered the silver dragon V2 cable for my K702. Although experienced some delay with the delivery, the cable is great! It gave me exactly what is lacking in my K702 - sound became more solid, clear and refined. I'm new to this hobby and don't know how to describe...
Thanks Drew for the fast response and the very nice cable!

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #35 of 328
I just received a 10' Blue Dragon Balanced for my HD800s, shipping was very fast, and communication was top notch. Not only is the cable excellent in both design and build quality I believe it has taken my HD800s to a whole new level so much so that my Dynamic headphone rig is now complete. I would not hesitate to buy from Drew again.

Thanks!

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #36 of 328
I'm always very budget-minded, so it took me a while to get up the courage to get a custom cable for my AKG K271 MK. II's. Surprise - my old video card got sold, and the money went straight towards a new Silver Dragon with no hesitation (I heard many nice things about it around Head-Fi).

I've never been happier - everything sounds crisp, smooth, and effortless. I can hear the most minute details without analyzing what I hear in depth - everything is immediate, detailed, and I just turn off my brain and kick back. Amazingly, Drew has brought these headphones within a hair of my stock K701's. The only difference I can perceive is that the K271's seem to be more sensitive, and the K701's more rich and spaced out (I suppose this is what more experienced listeners call the "sound stage" - I just think it sounds excellent and no beef about it).

I look forward to tomorrow's commute, rattling around underground in a steel box for 40 minutes. Let's see how these headphones cope with no amp (straight-up signal-on-a-diet from my MP3 player), my Icon Mobile, and all the steel-on-steel screeching and grinding that the NYC subway can dish out.

Update on 9-22-09

The new cable worked like a charm - with and without an amp, the Silver Dragon gave them an effortless, clear signature that easily sliced through the background noise (compared with the persistent "muddy/lazy" feeling of the AKG-supplied cable). Crystal highs, easy transitions up and down the spectrum, and not even 40 hours of burn-in on the cable. I can best describe it as the first time I drove a 4WD car - that same visceral thrill of feeling the car tear into the pavement like it's cheap linoleum and the wheels are covered with sandpaper.

Here were my test albums, on a Sony E438 MP3 player and NuForce Icon Mobile amp and bundled interconnect cable (all 320K CBR MP3, encoded with dbPowerAmp LAME 0.97 plugin):

Robert Miles - Dreamland
Boom Boom Satellites - On
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
Jan Garbarek - Madar
Anouar Brahem - Conte de l'Incroyable Amour
Ghazal - The Rain
Ristorante Paradiso Original Soundtrack (anime)
Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Ella and Louis Sing Gershwin
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons
FLUKE - Risotto
Trance Energy 2009

Sep 19, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #37 of 328
I've received the iqube v2 and one silver dragon and one blue dragon in
very fast shipping. I have tried the silver dragon and love it. I will try the iqube next week and expect excellent result. I have no problem with the custom here at all, thanks Drew for that.
Regards,
Kiertijai

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #38 of 328
Ordered the Dragon Series V1 DT880 600 ohm phones (with different earpads). There was an issue with one of the drivers that only became apparent after burn-in. Drew replaced the driver promptly and the headphones sound great. Also his custom cables are of top quality. I highly suggest using him for all of your cabling needs and will continue to use him in the future.

If you're in the market for beyer phones, I recommend getting the split mod from him, as the detachable cables are extremely useful for travel.

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #39 of 328
Drew recabled an Igrado for me with a sturdier cable. Outstanding job. I also ordered a Silver Dragon LOD cable at the same time. This thing is a work of art! He got the recable done and shipped it and the Line out out on Monday, I got it on Tuesday. Now that is great service and superb craftsmanship. Again, I asked him for advice and he gave it to me on which cable I should use. He was right on the Blue Dragon for my 650's and he was right on this one. I see a recable for my RS-1's in the future. If you want quality work and good advice this is one of the ones to talk to

Sep 26, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #41 of 328
I ordered a Blue Dragon HD800 balanced cable, and an XLR to 1/4" adapter from Drew. Both orders were dealt with efficiently, with quick international shipping & prompt response to emails. The cables look great & feel really well built. Drew will definitely be my first port of call for cable upgrades in the future.

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #42 of 328
Drew recabled my AT W5000 w/ a balanced Black Dragon. Work was immaculate and sound is much improved (even SE with adapter)

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #43 of 328
When I started experimenting with headphones a few months ago, I was quickly drawn to Ray Samuels specifically to his all tube Raptor. I put my name on the waiting list and bought a pair of Sennheiser HD800's to go with it, and when it arrived was very impressed with the combination; however, there was a problem with the gain that made it difficult to dial in the exact volume I wanted, so I sent the Raptor back to Ray for adjustment. In the interim, I sold my Cayin HA-1A, and one person mentioned that he was using the Blue Dragon cables with his headphones. I got curious and looked up Moon Audio and after unintentionally jerking Drew around a little bit, I ordered a 10 foot Silver Dragon headphone cable terminated for my HD800's. The cable shortly before my Raptor returned, so I tried it with my the Ray Samuels solid state HR-2. It was a great combination, so when the Raptor returned sounding a little bright with the Silver Dragon/HD800 combination I was a little surprised; however, after I let the tubes burn in a while, the combination got super detailed but at the same time very gentle and neutral, and the Raptor/Silver Dragon/HD800 just exudes quality both physically and in terms of sound. The combination costs a lot, but when you consider the cost of the Stax Orpheus, or just the 007, or the EAR HP4, it really is a very worthwhile investment. I couldn't recommend Drew's cable more highly.

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #45 of 328
I recently bought a Blue Dragon cable for my HD800s and a Silver Dragon cable for my HD650's from Drew. The communication, turn around time and quality of the cables were all awesome. I highly recommend Drew and his products.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back