Montreal Meet at the SSI 2011
Feb 2, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #16 of 84
Feb 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #17 of 84
YAY ! I have been keeping my eyes open for this, I am just getting into the world of HiFi and quickly realizing how expensive of a "thing" to get into this can be... My question would be this, if I dont have much to offer (yet) would I still be welcome to come join in ? I work 8-5 mon-fri but would love to be able to stop in at least for a bit, I do have some entry level equipment and from the looks of it will be moving up and up faster than my bank account.

What I own
-Sony MDR-7506 (studio mons)
-Klipsch s4-i (same as s4 but with iPhone ctrls)
-A new PC that I put a Creative Titanium HD into (there is alot of questions floating around head-fi about this card if some one really wants to hear it that bad i can probably arrange that)
and if all goes well with my purchase tomorrow a burned in RSA Hornet-M

Let me know if i would be welcome to stop by and i will try and work it into the calendar.
Thanks Guys

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #18 of 84
Sounds interesting... Trying tons of gear at one location... Muhahaha (evil laugh)
Can't say for sure if I will come yet, but if I do I will bring:

HiFiMan HM-801 with Mk2 amp card
Westone UM3X
AKG k601 (should arrive by then)
Etymotic ER-4s (if they return by that time)
Rockboxed Sansa Fuze (If I don't sell it by then)
Xenos 3HA (if I don't sell it by then)

Keep me posted!

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #19 of 84

Quote:
My question would be this, if I dont have much to offer (yet) would I still be welcome to come join in ? 
Yes.

Let me know if i would be welcome to stop by and i will try and work it into the calendar.
You are welcome to stop by.

Thanks Guys
De nada 
wink_face.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #20 of 84

Quote:
Quote:
My question would be this, if I dont have much to offer (yet) would I still be welcome to come join in ? 
Yes.

You are welcome to stop by.

Thanks Guys
De nada 
wink_face.gif

Awesome, just picked up an RSA Hornet-M that I will include in the mix to bring. I have Sphynxz to thank for hooking me up with this great portable amp & I wouldn't be surprised if between now and then i acquire more goodies to bring along :- (    Ouch.

See you around.

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #22 of 84
I just spoke with Michel Plante and he told me he just secured a room for us. He told me it was a closed room so it might be a bit smaller than last year but it also might be quieter. When I'll be back from Canada Games on the 29th I should have more infos. I am also talking with Jude to see if we can have promo stuff.

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #23 of 84
I just got a message from Jude, and he said we could have some T-shirts with the Head-fi logo on them. Who would be interesting in having one for the meet?

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #24 of 84

Quote:
I just got a message from Jude, and he said we could have some T-shirts with the Head-fi logo on them. Who would be interesting in having one for the meet?

Have any example of one ?!

I'd take one heather light gray style if possible.

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #26 of 84
I'd take one too, Size small... I'm not sure how much I'll be able to bring myself, as I'll have to take the bus both ways from the west island, but I'll try and bring something. :)

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #27 of 84
I plan to drive up on Friday, just for one day, and can bring any (or all) of the following if people would like to demo:

Audio Technica ATH-M50
Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang
CEntrance DACport
PS Audio GCHA
Denon AH-D7000

Feb 28, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #28 of 84
Hi guys,

Last week I asked for 2 mediums, 2 larges and 1 x-large as it should fit the most people in there. If they are too wide, just wear them over your shirt and it should fit just fine. 

I will probably meet M. Plante this week to figure out our venue. 

Now, I'll start collecting the names of people who are attending to get some badges. If you are sure (or 99% sure) that you are coming please send me a private message with your name and the gear you'll bring.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #30 of 84
I spoke with M. Plante today, and we'll be meeting on saturday to discuss the details. Also, we should contact some manufacturers/sponsors to get some demo gear. Maybe someone can help me with this? I know the grado distributor was keen on lending us demos the last time we saw him at the meet last summer, and well as maybe M. Furon with the Yamamoto gear. 

Also, I had a chat with Marc Phillip, who is the editor of magasine-hifi, an online review magasine. He told me sennheiser canada has sent him three demo models and he was interested in having some headphone enthousiasts gather up to review them. The models are 

HD 380 Pro

HD 598

RS 170

If some people are interested they should contact me by email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back