Montreal Meet at the SSI 2011
Mar 31, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #76 of 84
Also, Michel told me the docks were open 24h, so if you want to use them in the mornings before the salon opens you are free to do so. There are carts available to carry bigger boxes. The loading dock is at the back of the lower floor (where we are, so it's a very short way around if you take that option.

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #77 of 84
Sorry I've been kind of MIA for a few days.

I'll be coming tomorrow morning, for when the show opens. I'll be out this evening with a few friends overnight, so I won't be able to bring any of my gear. Like I said though, the girlfriend will be around too, so it's not as if I could've stayed for more than a few hours anyway. :wink:

Looking forward to hearing these rigs though, and to meet some of you!

Have a great show everyone! :)

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #78 of 84
Perfect. I have the key to open the room, but the first person to come in should ask someone to open up for them.

Also, could everyone please wait before I get there to use the setups that are already on? The vinyl + twinhead is quite tricky to use, and I have the remote control for Julien's Yamaha+DAC+Apex Peak, without which you can't use the CDP. If you guys have more sources that'd be nice, there are 3-4 tables left, otherwise you can use the apex peak with the volcano, and of course every headphone!

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #83 of 84
It was nice to meet you all, Brian, Nick, and Matt. You were all really nice guys. :)

Papo, I'm afraid we didn't meet, I was there on Saturday morning from when we opened the room at 10ish until around 12:30-1PM.

Anyway, the meet was great in my opinion, and I'm looking forward to being able to bring along my own equipment sometime when circumstances are more in my favour. Hearing the LCD-2's pretty much solidified my decision to buy them next, but the HiFiMan HE5-LE were a very close second.

I also learned that the Grado sound is not so much for me, as while I can appreciate the sound of the RS1 and HF-2s, they're not my preferred sound. It was really nice being able to hear them first hand though. :)

Also learned: Bring my own reference songs! I must've listened to Tom Sawyer about 20 times that day! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back