Montreal Meet at the SSI 2011
Mar 12, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #47 of 84
I'll be attending with my girlfriend, and I don't think she'll be interested in staying in the room for more than half an hour, let alone anything longer :p

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #48 of 84
Yeah, same here. Every year, my father and I go and take the whole tour. It's a father-and-son thing, heh. So I'll probably pass by for a couple of minutes, but that'll be it for me.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #50 of 84
I just had an email from the sennheiser rep who will be there at the SSI. They will lend us three headphones: HD800, Hd598 and HD558. For all three days!

And Michel Plante is working on getting us some demos from manufacturers. He told me he had positive answers from 5 out of 7 manufacturers so far. If you have some products you think would be interesting to have on loan for the meet, please say so and I'll tell him so he can work his PR!

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #51 of 84
Okay, here are some great news! Michel gave me a list of the things we should have for demo'ing:

Audeze LCD-2

TTVJ Apex Peak + Volcano

Ultrasone Edition 8, and Pro 900

Furutech GT-40

Sleek audio sa-6r and sa-7.

Man, that is amazing! I hope that everyone who weren't sure they would commit to the meet will do now!

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #52 of 84
I already contacted James Tanner at Bryston about whether he would be willing to lend you (or Michel) a BDA-1 and BDP-1 for the show.  

And I would love to hear the audiophileo.  Looking forward to it.  My GCHA should have arrived by then, and maybe the Denon 7000s, if anyone is interested in either.  Or the Ray Samuels P-51, ATH-M50s or Creek OBH-11.

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #53 of 84
Sorry guys, I will not be able to sit in a room for three days (I have a  bit of a problem with the condo). I will do my best to drop by though. Since my gear i s portable, I will brig it along.

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #54 of 84
Okay, here are some great news! Michel gave me a list of the things we should have for demo'ing:

Audeze LCD-2

TTVJ Apex Peak + Volcano

Ultrasone Edition 8, and Pro 900

Furutech GT-40

Sleek audio sa-6r and sa-7.

Man, that is amazing! I hope that everyone who weren't sure they would commit to the meet will do now!

Definitely excited to hear the LCD-2 finally. Thinking about buying it to replace my HD800s...

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #57 of 84
Almost finished my stand. I have a 4th platform coming, and will make the frame when it arrives. Here are some pictures of it with 2 levels:

It has decoupling spikes everywhere: on the ground, between frame levels, between the frame and platforms. Here is what it looks like:

The whole frame is made of dense wild cherrywood (merisier), and so are the platforms. The frame is held together with 4" long, 3/8" wide lag bolts.... The vertical posts are held with wood glue. Everything is modular so it'll fit in my car the the SSI!

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #58 of 84
Now, lets get serious. The meet is in a week, and I'd need quick answers. I'll have confirmation for the badges this week so hopefully we'll get them, otherwise I'll work something out with Michel. However, here is an issue we need to have fixed: who will be present at the booth, FOR SURE ? Michel told me that he wanted to have us in an official fashion, so we need to have at least one person in the room at all times on friday, saturday and sunday. Thursday is a media only day, so if some people want to come they are free to go. Also, there is a meeting with the media, a cocktail/diner and a live show on thursday evening. The details are on the website.

I will be present at the show on friday after 13h30, saturday after 14h and sunday the whole day. I need to have people on friday, especially morning. Also, the perfect time to install setups is thursday evening, so I could pick-up 1 or 2 people to grab all the gear, unload it at the Hilton and set up things.

Please, I need answers, especially if we have to arrange pick-ups!

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #59 of 84
I will definitely be there on Sunday, not Friday, all day, and I can bring any or all of the following gear so just let me know.  I'll leave my gear in the room and then go listen to the SF speakers, and then come back. 

Philippe, if you need a minimum time commitment to justify handing out passes, don't worry about me.  I want to be able to wander around this year, and I don't mind paying the $15.  If you have extra passes, of course I will gladly take one.

Denon AH-D7000s (assuming they arrive in time)
Audio Technica ATH-M50s
CEntrance DACport D/A converter and headphone amp
PS Audio GCHA
Creek OBH-11
Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #60 of 84
I'll have class on Friday but I can be there for whole day on Sunday.

I can give a hand on Thursday evening to set up the systems.

BTW, I'll bring Lavry DA10, Modified Hiface and DT 880

See you guys
Chen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back