Monster Turbine vs Panasonic RP-HJE900
Nov 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #17 of 31
Nov 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #18 of 31
As stated above, you better be careful because there are many fakes on ebay.

100% reputation doesn't always mean they're real or an authorized dealer.

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #19 of 31
There's a high chance of them being fake. In fact one of my first purchases were a pair of coppers for ~$100 on ebay, which turned out to be fakes. Its what led me to headfi and me eventually buying hje900's. As a rule I wouldn't trust random ebay sellers for any popular headphones such as monster, bose, ath m50's/es7's, etc. If the seller declines to give photos or says they're unsure of their authenticity because it was a gift, I would be suspicious.

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #20 of 31
Thanks guys. I know there is a chance they're fakes. I have seen the photos before and I did ask him to send me some close-up pics before I actually pay.
how is it with warranty, do I get any warranty without a receipt?

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #21 of 31
Monster offers lifetime warranty, given that the phones aren't fakes. You definitely need a receipt. 

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #22 of 31
You don't need a receipt to claim warranty. They just need to authentic.

Monster actually replaced my 3 year old regular turbines which only had a 1 yr warranty on them free of charge. 

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #23 of 31
yeah but what if I stole them or something, I think Monster want to make sure I have purchased my headphones normally so that warranty can apply, u know what I mean.
@rangerid did you need your receipt?

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #24 of 31
No I didn't have receipt, original packaging, tips or anything. I simply phoned Customer Service and they asked me to take some pics of the turbines, in my case both the grills have fallen off, and send it to them. 

I live in Canada so can't speak for Monster US

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #25 of 31
You only get Monster's warranty if you purchased from authorized dealers
http://www.monstercable.com/warranty/
http://www.monstercable.com/where_to_buy/authorized.asp
http://www.monstercable.com/where_to_buy/

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #26 of 31
well if this is their policy, I don't think it will be any different in other countries. BTW I am neither in Canada nor in the US, I am getting them from eBay UK and I live in Slovakia B-)

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #28 of 31

Quote:
@jjmai how will they know if I'm the first or the second owner of the earphones? what if the dude I am getting them from got them from an authorized dealer?

Not sure how they would treat second owner.  But I suppose the second owner would want to get a proof of purchase from the 1st owner.
Buying things from ebay is always a gamble, in terms of authenticity.
For warranty, one may also get lucky like rangerid did.

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #30 of 31
Nah That can't be, when I click the "contact us" button, nothing happens, they even pasted pictures of McAfee and Secure signs, which doesn't mean anything. Surprisingly, google shopping took me there. I think I'm gonna report that site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back