Monster Turbine pro vs iE8-which one is more durable?
Dec 28, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 29

Quote:
Does Monster's lifetime warranty mean one replacement? I've thought about Monster but have been scared away by talk of quality control...

one time replacement if you broke it, lifetime coverage against defects, and no, it's not within two months or two years, it's until you die, or the phones change ownership. also, to clarify the two month part in the booklet, you must report a defect within two months of one arrising, and send it in within 45 days before the RMA number expires, purdy much, 50 years later, when the left ear piece gives out, you have two report it within two months of the defect and send it in

Dec 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #19 of 29

That is pretty impressive!

Quote:
Quote:
Does Monster's lifetime warranty mean one replacement? I've thought about Monster but have been scared away by talk of quality control...

one time replacement if you broke it, lifetime coverage against defects, and no, it's not within two months or two years, it's until you die, or the phones change ownership. also, to clarify the two month part in the booklet, you must report a defect within two months of one arrising, and send it in within 45 days before the RMA number expires, purdy much, 50 years later, when the left ear piece gives out, you have two report it within two months of the defect and send it in

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #21 of 29
My MTPGs had an initial manufacturing defect which was promptly replaced.  My MTPCs have had no problems.  My IE8s have had no problems.  Reading through these forums, you will find the MTPGs and MTPCs have had some issues with separation between the silver and colored portions of the housings.  The IE8s have had some issues with the sound nozzle coming off during tip removal.  To my mind, the durability of these IEMs are roughly equivalent.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #22 of 29
yes, the separation of the housing on the turbines are more common than the ie8's nozzle. My own regular turbine has the same issue right out of the box and the right has a 20% decrease in volume comparing to the left. As of now, Im thinking about upgrading to IE8. However, most people thinks that the copper will have a better tone than the IE8. I just don't know if I should sacrifice IE8's comfort for copper's sound. What do you guys think.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #23 of 29

Quote:
yes, the separation of the housing on the turbines are more common than the ie8's nozzle. My own regular turbine has the same issue right out of the box and the right has a 20% decrease in volume comparing to the left. As of now, Im thinking about upgrading to IE8. However, most people thinks that the copper will have a better tone than the IE8. I just don't know if I should sacrifice IE8's comfort for copper's sound. What do you guys think.

Glad you could fine the IE 8 comfortable. I can't even wear the square housing somehow.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #24 of 29

Quote:
Quote:

Glad you could fine the IE 8 comfortable. I can't even wear the square housing somehow.

I don't have the IE8, but I do have the IE7, which has the best fit out of all my earphones including TF10, X10, turbine, superfi 5, and superfi 5eb. So I assume the IE8 will fit me pretty well too. I also like the exchangeable cable on the ie8 because my Ie7 broke because of the cable :frowning2:. I sleep with my earphones thereby putting a lot of stress on the cable and I bet the MTPC won't last that long.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #25 of 29
How is it even possible to have a better fit than the X10?  Unless the oval tips don't fit you somehow and the cables sticking out of your ears annoy you which I totally understand.  Other than that it's a tiny barrel that goes straight in w/ an oval gel tip matched to your ear canal shape.  

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #26 of 29
I find the IE8 very comfortable as well, particularly with the Sony Hybrid tips and worn over ear (w/o ear guard).

Quote:
Quote:

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #27 of 29
yes, the x10 fits great, but the fact that it extend so far out of your ear, any slight pull will result in discomfort during activities. I mainly use IEMs outside, therefore over the ear design is a huge for me.

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #28 of 29

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't have the IE8, but I do have the IE7, which has the best fit out of all my earphones including TF10, X10, turbine, superfi 5, and superfi 5eb. So I assume the IE8 will fit me pretty well too. I also like the exchangeable cable on the ie8 because my Ie7 broke because of the cable :frowning2:. I sleep with my earphones thereby putting a lot of stress on the cable and I bet the MTPC won't last that long.

I wouldn't sleep with the turbines, then again, last night i did, we had some fun, and i woke up with a triple flange stuck in my ear....rather embarassing moment. BTW, not kidding, true story, thank goodness for my tweezer collection

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #29 of 29
I cut my triple flange into a double. Works better for me. Waiting on my ie8, can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back