MONSTER TURBINE PRO GOLD VS COPPER W/ A PORTABLE AMP
Aug 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TREACHER0US

New Head-Fier
cant decide which one to get. i can purchase them both for around $200-$300. i've been reading up on so many reviews these past few weeks. trying to gather as much info about products to make an informative decision on what to buy.

so far i bought the denon d1100 and im very satisfied with them. i plan on getting the d2000. i also bought the brainwavz m2 and i wanna upgrade.

i mostly like listening to music with bass. so far from what i read i know the golds have more bass and the coppers sound more balanced.

i wanna know with an amp and the golds will the bass drown out the mids and highs? if i get the coppers will i be satisfied with the amount of bass or will i feel like they're lacking? i'd really appreciate anyone's input on both these IEMs.

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 3
I have the coppers and a iBasso T3 amp. Any more bass and I think my music would feel too bloated on the low end. Don't let the reviews and comparisons fool you, the Golds have more bass yes, but there is more than enough bass on the coppers. It is tight and punchy and not overwhelming(personally perfect with an amp). The extra bass on the Golds are also a tad bit sloppy but nothing irritatingly so. keep in mind that the MSRP for the coppers are about $100 more because they are the better headphone. That extra cash goes to improving the other aspects of the headphone and is why the Copper sounds more balanced. If you can get them for around the same price, go with the coppers.  

I've heard both and I am obviously a fan of the coppers, but I'm intrested to hear a different perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back