Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Feb 23, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #1,606 of 1,752
Wow, I GOT A REPLY FROM JUDE! And, thank you Jude so much for your help-I literally NEVER heard of that. I tried pausing and then pressing an arrow, I tried double clicking the arrow, holding the arrow, etc. Finally, I can use them properly-thanks so much! Now we just need to get support for that on Android... 
etysmile.gif

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #1,607 of 1,752
So I had these for about a week and just traded for a pair of MD Tributes that are on the way...

Basically these are great IEM's. Perfect balance and I was surprised how good the mids sounded. Not forward at all but great quality.

There was one problem with these and it was in the 4k region of the frequency range. It has too much bite and is the source of sibilance on the Copper. Lowering the 4k region by EQ'ing helps restore much needed natural-ness of the Copper. Unfortunately as much as I lowered the 4k frequency it still does not remove the sibilance. The Copper are just slightly sibilant with EQ and fairly sibilant without it.

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #1,608 of 1,752
Hi, does anybody know where I could find a new pair of Turbine Pro Copper's for around 250 Dollars?
I've checked Ebay but I don't want to take a chance buying a Fake MTPC and I've also tried
Amazon but I haven't been able to find a new pair at a low price. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #1,609 of 1,752
Go on the sale forum here on head-fi; some people are selling their MTPC replacement from monster, those are BNIB and the warranty should still be intact, it's roughly about 185 to 200 usd. Amazon has it for 220 too, the price will only display in cart, if you really have to get it brand new. 

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #1,612 of 1,752

Quote:
Go on the sale forum here on head-fi; some people are selling their MTPC replacement from monster, those are BNIB and the warranty should still be intact, it's roughly about 185 to 200 usd. Amazon has it for 220 too, the price will only display in cart, if you really have to get it brand new. 

And to think 8 months ago, I offered $230 to OneCall for the Coppers and they countered with $275.  I declined their offer.

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #1,613 of 1,752

Quote:
Unfortunately as much as I lowered the 4k frequency it still does not remove the sibilance. The Copper are just slightly sibilant with EQ and fairly sibilant without it.

That was one thing I couldn't get around.  Just a bit too bright and sibilant for me at the time.  Though when I listened to Metal or Electronic on my MD's I craved the Coppers.  Typical Grado syndrome.  Sometimes you want the bite, sometimes you NEED the bite.  
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #1,614 of 1,752

Quote:
That was one thing I couldn't get around.  Just a bit too bright and sibilant for me at the time.  Though when I listened to Metal or Electronic on my MD's I craved the Coppers.  Typical Grado syndrome.  Sometimes you want the bite, sometimes you NEED the bite.  
tongue_smile.gif

By bite you mean...? What are both lacking?
Thanks

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #1,615 of 1,752

Quote:
By bite you mean...? 

Well, I was referring that that extra treble energy that adds to the distortion and crunch of electric guitars and electronic music in general.  The Coppers have that as do Grados in spades.  It can be fatiguing at times and not so good w/ other genres though.  

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #1,616 of 1,752

Quote:
Why are there models with different looking strain reliefs?

Here's a link, look at the top pic and compare it with the 2nd/3rd pic:
http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/592743.html

Old/new version of the strain relief(thin one without protruding metal is newer). Both strain relief sucks ass. The old one is hard as rock, the new one is super fragile or you may say too flexible. 

Apr 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #1,617 of 1,752
I've got a few sets of earphones right now and I'm thinking about swapping "up" to the Coppers and would like a little advice if possible.  :)

I've got three sets of earphones right now.  I started with the og Turbines, picked up a Pair of Phonak Audeo PFE (Perfect Bass edition) and a pair of Brainwavz M3.  Out of the three, the M3s are the cleanest sounding to my ears, from the top to bottom.  

The og Turbines just seem to have a little too much bass and it kind of overpowers the rest of the music.  I'm hoping, and from what I can tell this is true, that the Coppers would be an upgrade all around with less bass, but cleaning up the mids and highs even more.  I love the way the Turbines fit, but again, the sound really turns me off to the originals.  The M3s are apparently not bass-centric earphones but I find the bass on them almost perfect for my hip hop enjoyment so I'm wondering if the Coopers would be a nice upgrade?  At a little over 200 bucks, I could sell the other three pairs to almost pay for them completely.  :)

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #1,618 of 1,752

Quote:
I've got a few sets of earphones right now and I'm thinking about swapping "up" to the Coppers and would like a little advice if possible.  :)

I've got three sets of earphones right now.  I started with the og Turbines, picked up a Pair of Phonak Audeo PFE (Perfect Bass edition) and a pair of Brainwavz M3.  Out of the three, the M3s are the cleanest sounding to my ears, from the top to bottom.  

The og Turbines just seem to have a little too much bass and it kind of overpowers the rest of the music.  I'm hoping, and from what I can tell this is true, that the Coppers would be an upgrade all around with less bass, but cleaning up the mids and highs even more.  I love the way the Turbines fit, but again, the sound really turns me off to the originals.  The M3s are apparently not bass-centric earphones but I find the bass on them almost perfect for my hip hop enjoyment so I'm wondering if the Coopers would be a nice upgrade?  At a little over 200 bucks, I could sell the other three pairs to almost pay for them completely.  :)

Before you purchase the copper's...Try the grey PFE filters.  Best $15 you can spend.

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #1,619 of 1,752
Quote:
Before you purchase the copper's...Try the grey PFE filters.  Best $15 you can spend.

That's a great idea that I have thought of...unfortunately, my issue with the Phonaks is that they are much too quiet.  With my Zune HD I literally have to turn the player ALL the way up whereas with something like the M3s, I can play it at 22 out of 30 and  be at the same level as the Phonaks.  I like the way they sound but with some of my older recordings, the levels are a little lower so its impossible to enjoy the music that quiet.  I admit, I probably listen to music a little louder than I should, but I shouldn't have to ever max out my mp3 player to listen comfortably to my ears.  My Turbines and the M3s both sit at around 22-24 and most other headphones I've tried as well.  It's really a shame because I love the fit and comfort of the PFEs...just can't enjoy them enough.

Do you think that the green filters have something to do with that?  I am not sure what they are filtering out.  I certainly can try some of the other filters, but if I was to try another, it would likely be the black based on my sound preferences.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,620 of 1,752

Quote:

That's a great idea that I have thought of...unfortunately, my issue with the Phonaks is that they are much too quiet.  With my Zune HD I literally have to turn the player ALL the way up whereas with something like the M3s, I can play it at 22 out of 30 and  be at the same level as the Phonaks.  I like the way they sound but with some of my older recordings, the levels are a little lower so its impossible to enjoy the music that quiet.  I admit, I probably listen to music a little louder than I should, but I shouldn't have to ever max out my mp3 player to listen comfortably to my ears.  My Turbines and the M3s both sit at around 22-24 and most other headphones I've tried as well.  It's really a shame because I love the fit and comfort of the PFEs...just can't enjoy them enough.

Do you think that the green filters have something to do with that?  I am not sure what they are filtering out.  I certainly can try some of the other filters, but if I was to try another, it would likely be the black based on my sound preferences.

The Phonaks require more power regardless of tips used.  And yes the blacks would be a better choice for music preferences, but I still recommend trying the grey filters.  They simply make this phone.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back