Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jun 29, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #1,291 of 1,752
Oh yeah I also have the Fischer Audio over ear guides but those are too bulky for practical use. I'm probably one of the few people it doesn't work too well for. A lot of people have liked the phonak ones as they are the smallest ones I have seen and does work well for what it is. I can see the value in those but I find the cable slider to work well for the most part although I may need something like that for my DBA 02 since the slider falls off unless I make my own on it..

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #1,292 of 1,752

Quote:
Interesting, I find the phonak over ear guides to be very useful and comfortable. With the slider I find that the cable when run over the ear tends to flop over the side of my ear. I do have smaller ears so this doesn't really surprise me. Anyhow, the phonak guide really helps the cable stay put and cuts microphonics to essentially zero.

x2

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #1,293 of 1,752
i just received my coppers....and i absolutely love them.... compared to my tf10's.... they are more enjoyable.... and easier listen.... the tf10's are for what i wanna appreciate details of mids and highs.... bass for sure goes to the coppers.

Jul 4, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #1,294 of 1,752

Quote:
i just received my coppers....and i absolutely love them.... compared to my tf10's.... they are more enjoyable.... and easier listen.... the tf10's are for what i wanna appreciate details of mids and highs.... bass for sure goes to the coppers.

Glad you like them.  Playing w/ the various tips and their insertion depth allows you to tune the bass and treble somewhat.  

Jul 5, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #1,296 of 1,752
Hi guys, i wonder where to shop for the best price for the pro copper. I know of Onecall offering as low as 259 but i am afraid they dont allow international pruchase.

Jul 6, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #1,297 of 1,752
I think J&R has a pretty low price if you call in as well. Not sure if they allow international shipping but that might be another option.

Jul 6, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #1,298 of 1,752
Hey, my Turbine Gold (not Copper) has all the stuff like Super Tips and all, but I can't find the cable clip! 

This is supposed to have a clip right?

Anyway I use UE Triple.Fi tips on mine, the medium gray silicons. They seem to work best, better than the Super Tips for my ears. The Super Tips don't seem to want to fit into my ears, neither the small nor medium ones.

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #1,299 of 1,752
The super tips as in the gel filled one's? I never found any of those to fit for me either, the best fit I ever got was with either the black foam or the white foam hybrids. The white foam hybrids re-expand pretty quick so make sure your fast with inserting the Coppers once you compress the foam up a bit.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #1,301 of 1,752
So I got my 2nd pair of Coppers just now so it took around 2 weeks or so. I have to redo the burn in process now =T

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #1,302 of 1,752
^ why two pairs?

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #1,303 of 1,752
The first one had to be returned since it had some glue issues. I like the cable slider better on the 2nd pair. To get it on the cable it's more of an alligator type than forcing your way onto the cable.

Jul 7, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #1,305 of 1,752
Hey Mochan - I know you have the Golds but we seem to have similar tastes so I'm directing this at you as you seem to pick gear that I want or have. Anyone else is welcome to comment if they have relevant experience. I tend to listen to a lot of rock, grunge, alternative and Miles and Coltrane. Reviews and suggestions indicate I will like the Coppers better than the Golds.

I want the Coppers for unamped use through my phone or ipod on the go, but now I'm starting to read more comments stating that an amp makes a significant difference. I feel the M50 does a good job unamped and I'm hoping for a similar level of performance. With the M50 unamped I can have the volume down fairly low and get some reasonable bass response or I can crank the volume for a couple of hours and not feel like my ears are ringing. With the SR80i's I came to the conclusion that they needed a semi-serious amp - I hated their performance unamped and even through an Onkyo and Denon receiver. Mainly because I had to crank the volume to get the bass or drum response I wanted and at that point my ears would be ringing for days due to the Grado's bright sound signature. I want to avoid getting a heavy duty amp for now and may revisit the Grado line at a later date. 

So given my concerns, will I be happy with the Coppers or am I better off looking elsewhere since I don't want to carry a portable amp with me? Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back