Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Apr 23, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #766 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks @ eric and kunlun.........@ lucozade, I sent you a starter list of some music......now get to work on the orto/triple comparison. I've had the triples stuffed in my ears so I can properly grade you
smily_headphones1.gif

@search , hope you got the triple flange tips on the tf10, you've got to use them on the tf10 to get the best out of those babys.
darthsmile.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #767 of 1,752
Went through about 50 hours of burn in on the copper... bad news... the bass tamed down too much and the highs opened up too much for my liking
frown.gif
maybe i shouldn't have went through burn-in and should have only let it *burn-in* as im listening to my music... Or maybe i need to get used to the *new* sound right now...

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #769 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@search , hope you got the triple flange tips on the tf10, you've got to use them on the tf10 to get the best out of those babys.
darthsmile.gif

LOL.......you wish, the big single flange go way deep in my ear, you can barely see the housing the flange is in so deep, I'm guessing when I have the orto's in the tips sit whre most peoples brain matter would reside, luckily, I have no brain matter to muck up my hearing
beerchug.gif
wink_face.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #770 of 1,752
@ search, well if your ears are that large maybe you forgot to take the tf10 out of your ears when you put the ortos in , and its really the tf10 your musics coming from and not the ortos. lol
wink_face.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #771 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went through about 50 hours of burn in on the copper... bad news... the bass tamed down too much and the highs opened up too much for my liking
frown.gif
maybe i shouldn't have went through burn-in and should have only let it *burn-in* as im listening to my music... Or maybe i need to get used to the *new* sound right now...

I'm not saying the same will happen to you, but my Coppers exhibited the same thing: after around 40 hours, the bass response appeared to decrease. However, when they hit around 60-70 hours, the bass seemed to come back, tighter than ever. I ended up w/ close to 100 hours on them before I had to send them back a week ago for warranty replacement... They didn't seem to change at all between 70 & 100 hours. YMMV...

Oh, and Monster can suck it for using the slowest possible Fedex delivery of my replacements. They shipped 4/21, and according to tracking, they won't be delivered until 4/28 (they shipped from Nevada, and I live in the Midwest). Regular parcel post would've gotten them to me as fast or faster.. Hell, I spent some $$ & used USPS Express Mail (overnight delivery) to send in my originals back because I didn't want to wait too long to get my replacements. A lot of good that did me.

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #772 of 1,752
hmm maybe i should burn them in more? Well im letting them rest for now and might or might not continue burning in. Its like last night i was listening to a song, the background music which is the strumming of the guitar sounded so nice and precise but now when i go back to the music that part of the music sounded softer, not as solid as b4
frown.gif
I have a feeling that the soundstage has gotten for the worse.

Really hope it is like what you said feverfive than i will be contented
tongue.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #773 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

With my pair, around 30-40 hours of burn in, the bass did lose a little of that hard boomyness that they had but the bass got clearer & more precise. By no means did they lose the heavy bass the Turbine Pro's have though. The highs did open up, got clearer and got a nice sparkle. The soundstage got a lot better too. Now I'm around 80-90 hours of burn in and the boomyness of the bass did return but as a lot cleaner boom (if that makes sense) and all aspects of the bass improved even more. The mids, highs & soundstage got better too; Especially when listening to classical music! You can hear all of the instruments so clearly and sounds like you're at a live concert at a great venue!

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #774 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by feverfive /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, and Monster can suck it for using the slowest possible Fedex delivery of my replacements. They shipped 4/21, and according to tracking, they won't be delivered until 4/28 (they shipped from Nevada, and I live in the Midwest). Regular parcel post would've gotten them to me as fast or faster.. Hell, I spent some $$ & used USPS Express Mail (overnight delivery) to send in my originals back because I didn't want to wait too long to get my replacements. A lot of good that did me.

Odd, it took me 1 day to get my tips from Monster to my door on the west coast.

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #775 of 1,752
Hm onecall isn't accepting even $230 anymore, I'm also not getting any email back with a price they would accept
frown.gif
and when I called they said they would never sell them that low

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #777 of 1,752
@ soundmatters12 , just recieved my set of gel supertips ,5 sizes & white hybrid foam tips 5 sizes plus the tip holder , So id just like to say a big thank you to soundmatters12 , there very much appieciated .thanks again .

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #778 of 1,752
@ lucozade, are you and the others that are getting all these sets of tips from soundmatters12 just emailing him about it or how does this work? Friend of mine has some Gold's and is interested in getting some of these tips for them.

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #779 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnake3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ lucozade, are you and the others that are getting all these sets of tips from soundmatters12 just emailing him about it or how does this work? Friend of mine has some Gold's and is interested in getting some of these tips for them.

Soundmatters12 contacted me after ready my early posts on the coppers and very kindly offered to send me the missing sets of tips, as the first batch of the mtp series shipped with only two gel super tips and all the regular tips,...A full set of gel tips and a full set of white foam hybrid tips shipped with the following shipments of mtp series,so if your friend only got the two gel supertips he also must have one off the first batch, so i suggest he emails soundsmatters12
happy_face1.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #780 of 1,752
Hey,

So I'm going to be buying a pair of IEMs at the end of the week, and I can't try out a damn pair. It's crap.

Anyway. I'm pretty much decided on the IE8s - Except now I've found out about these. They look damn impressive.

The only problem, really, is the price. They're £40 more expensive than the IE8s, is that worth it, do you guys think? That's $60. The music I listen to is really, really varied, so I'm trying to get the best set I can. Bleh. Pain in the rear end.

Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back