Monster Turbine Pro Copper Broken?
Sep 29, 2010 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mhilfinger

New Head-Fier
Hi, my monster turbine pros sounded fine until the left headphone recently stopped working altogether.  This is the second time that this has occurred.  I no longer have warranty so I need to find a way to correct the problem.  Any solutions?

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
Hi, my monster turbine pros sounded fine until the left headphone recently stopped working altogether.  This is the second time that this has occurred.  I no longer have warranty so I need to find a way to correct the problem.  Any solutions?

Why do you no longer have the warranty?

Your statement implies that you once had it and now you don't. That's not how the mtp warranty works. The lifetime warranty covers manufacturing defects. You could have it replaced in case of an electrical or other manufacturing defect a hundred times and it would still be there for you.

If you did something stupid and are responsible for breaking your own earphones then you should have mentioned this rather than saying that they "stopped working". You only get one replacement for being dumb (which is still better than any other earphone warranty, given that this stupid act can happen 5 years or 7 years or however long after you bought them). After the one-time you-were-dumb replacement, the lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects is still in place. So, the only reason you wouldn't "have warranty" after having previously had it is if you did something dumb to break your earphones twice and Monster Cable called you on it.

Unless there's something you haven't told us, I suppose.

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 6
Although what you're saying is probably true he could have gotten the MTPCs as a gift without the receipt and then used the warranty to fix them. Monster will do a one time replacement of their headphones if you don't have the receipt, but they'll remove any warranty after. 

Quote:
 Why do you no longer have the warranty?

Your statement implies that you once had it and now you don't. That's not how the mtp warranty works. The lifetime warranty covers manufacturing defects. You could have it replaced in case of an electrical or other manufacturing defect a hundred times and it would still be there for you.

If you did something stupid and are responsible for breaking your own earphones then you should have mentioned this rather than saying that they "stopped working". You only get one replacement for being dumb (which is still better than any other earphone warranty, given that this stupid act can happen 5 years or 7 years or however long after you bought them). After the one-time you-were-dumb replacement, the lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects is still in place. So, the only reason you wouldn't "have warranty" after having previously had it is if you did something dumb to break your earphones twice and Monster Cable called you on it.

Unless there's something you haven't told us, I suppose.

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:

Have monster give you another one and stop doing this:

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #5 of 6
I bought them used - like new from an independent seller.  They had no warranty and the left ear honestly just stopped working after a month for the initial pair, and replacement pair of phones he gave me.  I really didn't do anything "dumb" to break them..  I'm looking for helpful ideas of how to fix these, or if there are any repair services out there.

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 6
actually I would like to know the same exact thing, the sound in my monster turbines left earbud has gone out too.  i can get it to come back but i have to like pinch the wire and even then it will only play until I move.  My girlfriend gave them to me as a gift and through a independent seller as well so I don't have a warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back