Monster Turbine Gold
Jul 19, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 29
It's not that bad, but you can get the Coppers for around the same at OneCall using the My Price thing. Try offering $180.

That is, if you didn't get the Golds specifically for the load of bass they have. The Copper is still quite bassy, but not to the degree of the Golds.

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #4 of 29
 I'm pretty sure they're $180 at JandR and you can even call in and talk for a better price which they give at almost any point...not a bad deal though...$188 is fine. Get them, try them and if you like them don't look any where else...just keep using them and enjoy them. Headphones and IEM sound better with time.\

EDIT: as you see on the site, it says "* For the absolute latest pricing you may wish to speak to one of our sales representatives at 800-806-1115, or visit our Retail Stores."

That means that they're are for a better price and are lower than it shows on the site...sort of like how amazon does with some of it's expensive products...how you have to add it to your cart to see the price because it's relatively low.
http://www.jr.com/monster-cable/pe/MC_129393/

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 29
*Clarification* this was on onecall.com

I tried offering 200 for the coppers, got refused.  But I'm still hopeful, since people have said they are sometimes rejected before they get excepted when they don't raise the price.  

UPDATE: Just got a second e-mail, offering me the coppers, brand new, no tax, free shipping, for 249.00.  Offer is good for 72 hours.  Man I got some thinking to do.  

Jul 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 29
That price for the Coppers from onecall is pretty standard for them. I'd get that if you can afford it and you know that is what you like in terms of sound signature. I'd stay away from ebay since there are fakes around and the price of $190 is almost definitely fake if that is the seller I'm thinking it is.

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #8 of 29
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260634760133#ht_2431wt_920

That's the link. Everything says legit. What do you think?

Better be real or this ish will be charged back on the AMEX before he knows what hit him

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #9 of 29
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260634760133#ht_2431wt_920

That's the link. Everything says legit. What do you think?

Better be real or this ish will be charged back on the AMEX before he knows what hit him

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #10 of 29

Quote:
Don't. I just bought some brand new on eBay for 190. Seller has a bunch more

Never get copper from eBay.First, fake possible, second ,even it is real,you won't have any warranty since monster only grant warranty to those who bought it from authorized dealers which obviously are not random sellers from eBay

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #11 of 29
Plus you more than likely won't get the fantastic warranty Monster offers if you buy from eBay. I just received my Golds last Thursday after buying them from onecall for $180. It was an open box unit but was like brand new and still had the lifetime warranty. I decided to buy from onecall after getting burned on some fake Monster Beats Tours on Amazon. If you're gonna spend hundreds of dollars on audio equipment, you may as well pay a little more and get the warranty and be sure you're getting an authentic product.

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #12 of 29
the warranty is a HUGE selling point for these upper-end monster products.  I mean, who can beat that?  I can't say I really KNOW what the sound signature is like; i'm pretty new to the hobby--am upgrading from Shure SE210s, but I do my research, and these seem like they could be the best bang for buck.  Gotta consider that bank account though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back