Monster Turbine Gold vs ...?
Jul 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 10
That depends on what you like to a large degree. The MTPG have alot of bass, decent mids that are slightly forward and nice if somewhat rolled off treble, the sound stage is not bad but not huge. Does this sound like what your looking for and what type of music do you listen to?

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 10

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
That depends on what you like to a large degree. The MTPG have alot of bass, decent mids that are slightly forward and nice if somewhat rolled off treble, the sound stage is not bad but not huge. Does this sound like what your looking for and what type of music do you listen to?

I listen to a very wide range of music. Everything from rap/hip-hop to piano rock... I love clarity, but I have to have a solid amount of bass

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 10
where did you get the golds for 188?

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 10
where did you get the golds for 188?

Sep 13, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #10 of 10
I got my Golds from Amazon for about $180 as well earlier this year. I love 'em.

I actually prefer them to the IE8. IMO the new crop of dynamic IEMs from Monster have already toppled the IE8 dynasty, but the fact that the ancient IE8 can still go toe to toe with them shows just how good they are. 

For $180 the Golds are a steal. They have better mids than the IE8 unless you prefer the IE8's rather distant, spacy quality. Bass-wise the IE8 has just a smidgen more bass. Both have the same nice rolled off treble. The Golds basically just have a slight edge in clarity over the IE8 to my ears, whereas the IE8 has a bigger soundstage and more bass. I can't think of any other IEM I'd rather have at $180. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back