Monster turbine copper silver part falls out. Please help.
Apr 4, 2011 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Trilitai

New Head-Fier

Hello guys. I'm new to the audio world and got the monster copper based on this website. I ordered the copper from amazon. When I am exchanging different eartips in the first 15 minutes. The silver part falls out completely on the right side. The above picture is to show you guys where I am talking about. Mine is completely falls apart. Then I try to twist a little bit on the left side. It becomes very loose after just few twists. I'm very disappointed for the durability on a $300 product. I called monster for an exchange. The process will take around 3 weeks for me to get a new pair. This is such a long wait. Here are my question:

1. If this is a common problem, why they can't fix this issue already? Seems like a drop of superglue will do it.
2. For all of you guys that received a good one, are they very firm that even you twist them in force, the parts wouldn't move a bit?
3. Monster have a warranty that they will replace it 1 time even you break it, is my exchange counted as 1 time already?

Please recommends me what to do. Since I really upset about it. Thank you.

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
:  
1. If this is a common problem, why they can't fix this issue already? Seems like a drop of superglue will do it.

Yes, it's common. Glue will void the warranty.

2. For all of you guys that received a good one, are they very firm that even you twist them in force, the parts wouldn't move a bit?

Don't ever twist your expensive headphones in force, that isn't smart at all.

3. Monster have a warranty that they will replace it 1 time even you break it, is my exchange counted as 1 time already?

Please recommends me what to do. Since I really upset about it. Thank you.
No, it's a manufacturing defect, the warranty is unlimited for manufacturing defects. Use the warranty.

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 7
To OP:

That's my photo. And I posted about this exactly same problem a few weeks ago. I'm glad it's helping you to make another post of the exact same content, but at least respect other people's work?

Anyway, what I did was to simply return it to amazon, because even if they send me a good replacement, the statistical likelihood that this happens again in the future is very high. If you really really like these and want to stick with Monster, then ask amazon for replacement, which would be the easiest way. 

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 7

Good Lord...feelin' the need for some recognition? Take a pill. If you post a pic on the net, expect it to be used in the most offensive manner imaginable. If that offends you, don't post the pic. Otherwise...what's the big deal? Why did that "work" demand any further respect? It's not like the guy flamed your pic.
Quote:
To OP:

That's my photo. And I posted about this exactly same problem a few weeks ago. I'm glad it's helping you to make another post of the exact same content, but at least respect other people's work?

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #7 of 7
I got the monster turbines baseline model. I'm really dissappointed in them because the seller I bought them from claimed to have "burned them in" and was selling them. In truth, I'm pretty sure he used some sort of horrible burn in method that ruined the driver's stiffness. The left ear has such a bad driver flex issue that the sound quality changes with every 5 minutes of listening as the earpiece slides in and out. Theres a proper seal and everything but by the time I get half way through an album I'm already so annoyed by having to adjust and readjust the IEM's that I'm too pissed off to listen to the rest of the album.

Since I bought from a seller on here, monster says I have no warranty coverage, and the website that the seller bought from doesnt seem to be a monster authorized dealer either. There is no question that these are real because I doubt that fake ones would have anywhere near the SQ that these have, but I'm truly hating these ATM. They are about to tip my (currently in progress) decision about whether my next pair should be an IEM, a custom IEM, or full size. Obviously a set of balanced armature driver headphones wont have the driver flex issue, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back