MONSTER TURBINE (BLACK) VS FISCHER AUDIO DBA-02
Jan 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iamdse47

New Head-Fier
I have the monster turbines and think they are amazing but i stumbled upon the dba-02s and from what i read they seem to be pretty good. I was just wondering how they stand up to the turbines in all aspects of sound and mainly how they compare to the turbines in terms of bass: boomieness and quality. thanks

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #2 of 8
I've never used the Monster Turbines, but I do own the DBA-02s. They are great monitors, especially regarding the mids and highs. The bass is tight and focused, but it isn't their specialty. I wouldn't look to them for outstanding bass. This is just my subjective opinion - other people may feel different. In fact, I bought them because I wanted something to complement my Atrios, which are known for their outstanding bass, but average mids and highs.

I've read that the build quality isn't great on the DBA-02s, but I don't agree. The build quality of mine are on par with other mid to high end monitors. The black and white threaded cord takes some getting used to, but it doesn't affect the quality or listening experience. They are meant to be worn over the ear, so I do worry more that I might damage them when I'm taking them out. It might just be my big ears, but it's hard for me to take them out by grabbing the body of the monitor. I'm sometimes forced to pull on the cord, which is a big no no.

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 8
If you're a basshead by all means avoid the DBA-02.

Otherwise get it. It's better than the Turbines in every other aspect.

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #4 of 8
thanks. im new to the whole audiophile thing i got into it with my turbines a couple months ago.... i also just got the fiio e5 and it improves the turbines to a degree. would they do well with the DBAs ? or is there a quality portable amp for about $50 ?

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #5 of 8
An amp would probably at least improve the DBA's bass output. I don't know much about amps (I only own an E5), but for under $50, you're probably looking at Fiio and the CMOY amps on eBay. Any one of them will help with the DBA's bass. Honestly, I'd say that the E5 is probably more benificial to the DBAs, since the E5 most prominently improves bass. Just a guess. The Monster Turbines already have good bass, from what I understand.

Quote:
thanks. im new to the whole audiophile thing i got into it with my turbines a couple months ago.... i also just got the fiio e5 and it improves the turbines to a degree. would they do well with the DBAs ? or is there a quality portable amp for about $50 ?

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:

That's great. I personally believe the E5 is the perfect amplifier for IEM's others will disagree but driving IEM's is EASY and does not need much power or lots of money and it also has a bass boost.

I always wondered what my DBA's would sound like with bass boost from the E5. Probably something I would have really liked.

If you want to try the DBA-02 with bass boost from the E5 to help the bass I say go for it. It will probably work quite well since the E5's bass boost is quite good for IEM's.

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #7 of 8
also i forgot to mention that i listen to alot of alternative rock, christian rock, stuff with alot of violin , bass guitar and female vocals for example-versant, versaemerge, red, three days grace , skillet, falling up,shiny toy guns, pendulum, hey monday, ect.... - they'd still be good for this type of music i mentioned right?

Jan 30, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
also i forgot to mention that i listen to alot of alternative rock, christian rock, stuff with alot of violin , bass guitar and female vocals for example-versant, versaemerge, red, three days grace , skillet, falling up,shiny toy guns, pendulum, hey monday, ect.... - they'd still be good for this type of music i mentioned right?

It really depends on what kind of sound you like.

For example I believe strong bass with forward mids to be the best sound for ANY genre. (My Sennheiser HD650)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back