Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam?
Feb 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #18 of 21
i think the Gel supertips give you a better defined, higher-impact bass response but the Foam are a bit easier to get a good seal.  However, even the Foam ones are nowhere as easy to get a good seal as Comply Foam Tips.  I don't like Comply much though because they can muddy the sound and they break easily.

​

Feb 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #19 of 21
I like the fit of the Monster foams.  More comfortable than Comply to my ears; of course, nothing that I know of seals like Comply.  I don't have much head time with my gels, but I remember not wanting to spend too much time futzing with the fit because as someone else stated, they're not meant for some ears, including mine.  And thus far the Sony hybrids (that I have come to realize may be fake, but I have no way of knowing at this point) win on the balance of comfort, fit, seal, and sound (I realize those aspects overlap some).

My foams are starting to wear out, which irks me because I suspect they are lasting about as long as a pair of Comply would.  I have slept with my Monster foams in, and I've taken them off and put them on a few times because I'm still in the "which tip" phase, so that could contribute to their early demise.

May 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #21 of 21
Did Monster update the Foam Supertips? I just received a new replacement Monster Turbine and the foam tips included in these are extremely soft. I would even go so far as to say they are softer than my comply t-400s. However, some of the tips still have a rigid feel, so it's like half-half.

Curious if anyone else noticed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back