Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam?
Dec 6, 2010 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Hyperfluxe

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I would like to know everyone's opinion on the Monster SuperTips. Do you guys prefer the gel tips or the foam tips, and why so? I'm not sure which I prefer honestly, so I'd like to hear people's thoughts.

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 21
Foam. They don't sound too good, but they are very comfortable and isolate very well. I could never get a good seal with the gels. The gel inside them kept them from conforming to my ear canal and it seemed that the grey ones were too small while the white ones were way too big for my ears

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 21

Quote:
Foam. They don't sound too good, but they are very comfortable and isolate very well. I could never get a good seal with the gels. The gel inside them kept them from conforming to my ear canal and it seemed that the grey ones were too small while the white ones were way too big for my ears

x2. Well said.

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 21
I got these for my Turbines a little while ago, and I can honestly say.. Neither.
I had the same problems with the gels as the people posting above, and the foams are *okay.*

For that price, you'd do better to invest in Comply foam tips or make your own, since the SuperTips come with sizes that you're prolly not gonna use.

Edit: the SuperTips will last longer than Comply, though.

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #5 of 21
Don't the foam SuperTips have a sort of hard inner tube so that the foam doesn't get too scrunched up?  I'm planning on getting foam tips soon and this was what swayed me towards the SuperTips instead of Comply tips.

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 21
Just wondering regarding the gel tips is it really full of gel inside? is it dense or still kind of squishy?
Would the tips work on any Shures (been using olives/bi-flanges but pretty interested in the gels)

Thanks
jecklinsmile.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #7 of 21
Gel tips ain't particular comfortable for me, I'll rather use Sony Hybrid clone. Haven't tried the foam supertips yet.

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #8 of 21
@merlin
No, they have a very soft silicon core. I honestly think monster should have made the cores a little harder.

@thegombori
Yes, they really have gel inside and are pretty squishy. They won't fit on the shure them selves, but monster includes adapters.

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #9 of 21
Thanks

It's pretty interesting I've never seen them before. I gotta check out the gel tips lol
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #10 of 21
I got the sampler pack and am not impressed with either, I am still testing the fit on several different IEMs.  The gel seem to have the ability to pop out after a few minutes and the foams aren't as squishy as I would like them to be.  I don't think either one have any advantages over my favorites, UE 700 tips and fake sony hybrids.

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #11 of 21
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #12 of 21
to be honest, I feel the silicone tips they provide feel the best, and sound the best. I wear mine upside down and arent fatiguing at all

Edit: wups, didnt realize this was just for the tips. I'm not crazy about them. They are a novelty the first few days I had my pair
confused_face.gif

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #13 of 21
I bought a pair of MTPCs on and from amazon for 220. Everything looks fine and authentic BUT the supertips look odd. I also have the turbine pearls and the supertips look MUCH more different. I mean they are 100% authentic. Did monster change they're supertips design? They just are VERY different than my pearl's supertips. From having 11 pairs of beats and monster's, I know for a fact they're real. Any thoughts?

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
Just wondering regarding the gel tips is it really full of gel inside? is it dense or still kind of squishy?
Would the tips work on any Shures (been using olives/bi-flanges but pretty interested in the gels)

Thanks
jecklinsmile.gif

Yes they are full of gel inside but the newer versions are much more plyable than the original version from last year ,you will need to use the inner tube from a comply tip or shure olive as a spacer for the monster tips to fit on the shures

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #15 of 21
I almost picked up the "sampler pack" from Radio Shaft yesterday. Glad I held off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back