Monster "Miles Davis" IEM's
Jan 5, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like some valid criticism in this thread. Very objective.

What do you expect? They don't post frequency response, and try to sell products with name recognition. They're not asking to be taken seriously.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #18 of 49
That doesn't mean we should make comments about the quality until it is heard. The Turbines are pretty highly regarded here for the price point, who is to say this isn't good? Don't wright a report without knowing the subject matter, eventually u will get burned.

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

The Turbines are pretty highly regarded here for the price point, who is to say this isn't good?

Yeah, but they're considered good "fun" sounding phones and are reasonably priced.

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony6555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but they're considered good "fun" sounding phones and are reasonably priced.

Who is to say their goal isn't different here. You know the beats sound pretty good with hip hop. I am not ready to right them of because of my arrogance.

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #21 of 49
Quote:

That doesn't mean we should make comments about the quality until it is heard. The Turbines are pretty highly regarded here for the price point, who is to say this isn't good? Don't wright a report without knowing the subject matter, eventually u will get burned.

Sure, but we can make comments about the marketing practices of Monster. What they do is absolutely ridiculous. Its a pure commoditization of music / artists.

So, if you like it or not, supporting these types of products is hurting music.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #22 of 49
Hmmm...I hope someday, somehow, one of the members here will perform a Monster IEM review rundown. But I doubt it'll happen. Haha.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by TastyBeanSprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, but we can make comments about the marketing practices of Monster. What they do is absolutely ridiculous. Its a pure commoditization of music / artists.

So, if you like it or not, supporting these types of products is hurting music.

How is this hurting music? I fail to see how this negatively affects artists or music at all.

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #25 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look awesome, but I expected them to be connected to some crazy looking sunglasses for some reason. Just kidding.

miles_davis1.jpg

Thanks for the pic. It is now my touch wallpaper!

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #26 of 49
The problem I have is that Monster does not compete, and has never competed, on sound quality. Their practice is to price their products well above what their sound quality would dictate (think Bose), then hope they can use a strong (speaker cable) brand name to get over.

Do that often enough and your (former) customers start to resent you.

This example is doubly obnoxious, because they want to spawn a brand from what was once a musician's body of work, then merge that brand into their own in some unholy union. Then overcharge for the person seed.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaw2ek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bbut...bbbut...you'll save ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS if you buy them on amazon! Come on its the best deal of the year, so far.

But the year is only 5 days old .... !! $100 off is still 2X the price of the Monster Turbine!

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #29 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please don't judge

It's hard not to judge based on Monster's reputation on the majority of their products & the similarities (overpriced, emphasis on style & name over sq) they share w/ the likes of Bose & Skullcandy. Their only difference is that they have 1 pair of decent (not great) sounding earphones in the turbines (strangely enough, their only iem w/o name branding). My guess is that they will basically sound like the turbines or beats (which really don't sound much different) while costing much more. I hope they fail epicly. Miles deserves a MUCH better brand than Monster.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's hard not to judge based on Monster's reputation on the majority of their products & the similarities (overpriced, emphasis on style & name over sq) they share w/ the likes of Bose & Skullcandy.

turbine pros? gold and bronze ed? thats another two right there. i want some actual review of someone whos heard these before making comments. i can tell u that the Dr Dre Tour is a complete pos for music thats not hiphop or rap designed. its eq'd very well for those two genres, maybe rock, but beyond that, it has no emphasis on jazz and solo vocal music. on the other hand, the turbines were very well balanced and clear. for the price of around $100 you can get a pair thats more bass heavy and balanced than a lot of the phones in the same price range. let the headphones speak for themselves please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back