Monster Gel Supertips and UE Triplefi 10s: A Good Combination?
Jan 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

slowpickr

Headphoneus Supremus
I was one of the lucky ones that got the TF 10s from the Amazon $95 deal.  I'm having a hard time finding a good set of tips to use with them.  Thus far, the Sony hybrids are working best for me.  However, the right ear piece tends to work itself loose after a short time.  Has anyone tried the Monster supertips with the TF 10?  If so, how well does this combination work?  I prefer silicone tips over foam.  Thanks.

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 15
I agree. I went from using monster gel tips to sony hybrids. The fit is a bit more difficult with the supertips since they are more rigid, and the sound quality doesn't improve any

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #4 of 15
Thanks for the replies.  It sounds as if I should just stick with the Sony hybrids.  I also tried some bi-flanges that I had bought off of ebay a while back and they didn't work very well.  I wonder if Shure or Audeo silicone tips would work well?  I might try them some day.

Jan 12, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 15
Shure E2C soft flex tips are another possible option. Back in the day when I had a pair of E2Cs, they worked very well for it. I just ordered a pair of small tips from eBay, going to see how they work for the TripleFis and Turbine Coppers.

Jan 12, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 15
go with the foam Monster supertips 
beyersmile.png

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #8 of 15
Decored shure olives works marvelously on TF10s for me, great isolation/comfort. You can always take a decored foam and place it inside a silicon tip for better isolation if you don't like the feel of foam.

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #9 of 15
I've found the most comfortable are the Sennheiser foam tips, though recently bought a set of monster supertips foams, pretty comfortable, well more comfortable than the stock silicones.

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #10 of 15
You might try a different sized tip on the right nozzle. Maybe move up a size?

Actually, I use a large tip on the right ear. Stepping down to medium yields a more inferior seal. I think I'm in between medium and large on the right.

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 15
Monster large triple flange tips  are the only tips that lock the tf10s into my ears and they sound great on them, other tips just slide out after a while or when i move my face mussels .
popcorn.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #12 of 15
I think a better question would be if the tips and your ears are a good combination, not the tips and the earphones.  As long as the tips fit the nozzle, there's no difference other than how well they suit your ears.  
Interestingly enough, I found that the single flange silicone tips that came with my tf10's were the very best I had ever used and seal better than all of my other tips (which I have plenty of).  But that's just me.

Jan 18, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #13 of 15
Oddly enough, I find the clear metro-fi tips to work incredibly well with the TF10 (which is strange since they are pretty much the same). I cant compare them to the stock tips since I somehow misplaced them, but switching from the comply to the new tips provided better comfort and seal.

I'm honestly wondering if my ears got used to the TF10's; I havent had any issues with the fit, unlike the initial impressions I had of them

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #14 of 15
Well, after much experimentation, Sony hybrids win. I might try supertips in the future though for kicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back