Monster Diamond Tears (Review added 10/6)
Jan 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #61 of 67
Just traded in the DNAs for the black Diamond Tears.
Initial impression just out the box is a larger sound.
Bass is there very well presented with sub bass as well.
Cup size amazingly small for such large sound.
Mids are very clear but more lower mid closer.
Normal volume compared to most others.
Not over sensitive like the DNAs
What does seem lacking is sparkle in the upper mids.
Highs are there with no sibilance.
Very smooth large clear presentation.
Not laid back at all, just not as bright as I would like.
Waiting for driver 2 break in and brain to adjust :)
Edit:
First page Comparison to m80 was spot on.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #62 of 67
After careful consideration and comparison,
I would have to say these headphones are a clear contender,
to very slightly surpass the m80 in midrange & bass clarity,
Yet they are too bland and slightly lacking in upper midrange "air".
The lesser DNA had air but mids were too pronounced.
Anyway..
Compared to the vmoda m100...

They have absolutely nothing on the m100,
Their diamond shine cannot even hope to reach that level of quality, comfort, and realistic sound.
Which I have only compared due to they being,
AT THE SAME PRICE POINT!
The m100 are in another level all together and really have no business embarrassing these diamonds,
As the diamonds are actually good cans.
Its just they are slightly above an m80 or similar level.
They have more uniform balanced sound,
And nicer mids than say the Tiesto cans wich are more of a Vshape sound.
But again their slight lack of upper midrange air is what limits them from being really special.

Every ones ears hear differently so thats why I always try to base my descriptions on comparisons with other headphones instead of sonic descriptions without a reference point. .

Feb 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #63 of 67
Hello deleted a rant :p

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #64 of 67
Nov 3, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #65 of 67
Must admit the design of these is great. Its nice to hear they sound good too.
I wish they weren't so flashy/shiny though. Stand out and shout 'look at me' way too much. I saw a girl with the crystal ones on a tram not long ago and it stood out so damn much, I wouldn't want that attention myself!

I like the look/finish of the Diesel Vektr better, but then its got a big garish Diesel logo on it and isn't as good of a HP?
So unless they follow V-Moda's lead and make DT in matte black its not for me :)
The black one looks OK but still too shiny and all those weird coloured reflections in photos I've seen.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #66 of 67
  Must admit the design of these is great. Its nice to hear they sound good too.
I wish they weren't so flashy/shiny though. Stand out and shout 'look at me' way too much. I saw a girl with the crystal ones on a tram not long ago and it stood out so damn much, I wouldn't want that attention myself!

I like the look/finish of the Diesel Vektr better, but then its got a big garish Diesel logo on it and isn't as good of a HP?
So unless they follow V-Moda's lead and make DT in matte black its not for me :)
The black one looks OK but still too shiny and all those weird coloured reflections in photos I've seen.

you have to see the videos on the black ones they look very nice

yea their bit too flashy, i would have to really watch what i dress to make sure to keep up with the fashion forwardness of the headphones

but i actually love the styling, i saw them for like 150 on the bestbuy website a year ago on new year, heard they were the first production models (some employees said there was some glitch on some or w.e) i shouldve pulled the trigger on them then

have not seen anywhere near that price drop since

it was only the crystal model

i actually haven't seen anywhere wearing them yet in public, further making them that much more unique (compare the beats solos, studios and even pros on the streets everywhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back