Monster Beats Solo HD build and sound better?
Jun 4, 2010 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bcs732

New Head-Fier
I have an iphone and i'm seriously considering getting the Monster Beats Solo HD. Apparently, the sound quality and the build quality are improved over the previous version. Moreover, I like how this headphones have iphone controls and mic for handsfree usage.

For those who have the Solo HD, is it true the sound and build quality are improved? I am aware that the previous version breaks easily.

I tried searching for Solo HD reviews here but most are bashing the Solo. The Solo HD sound quality is suppose to be better. So far, the only alternative i know is the Bose on ear headphones with mic. The Shures and Sennheisers don't have iphone controls and mic which is a must for me. Pls let me know if there are other alternatives.

Please don't bash the Solo HD unless you've heard of it.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 6
They sound like crap to me. Plus when I held them they felt like they would fall apart if a strong wind hit them. Please do yourself a favor and get something else..if your looking for bass get the Audio-Technica M-50's.

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 6
I wouldn't recommend the solos hd. I bought them yesterday and was very impressed by the outside beauty and the confyness. However, the sound quality was just not acceptable. Even though they're better than the original solos, they just don't sound great. I was as if I was listening the music through a filter. The bass was solid. The mids were not bad and the highs were not bad either. But together, it sounds like crap.

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 6
I have had them for a month or two and I like them, the keep a lot of noise out and are comfy. I put the sound on a par with my es7, comfort is 10x better with the beats and IMO that matters.

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I have had them for a month or two and I like them, the keep a lot of noise out and are comfy. I put the sound on a par with my es7, comfort is 10x better with the beats and IMO that matters.

What about price? issit on par with the es7? If not, for beats solo HD price, what are the alternative. I know m50 is not even 1/3 of the price, but assuming i can spend the money for solo HD what are the better alternative? 

By the way tried the Solo HD and the Shure SHR750DJ, Solo HD is still a very overpriced headphone, the 750DJ sounded way clearer. The SoloHD is like an $80 headphone packed with muddy huge bass. Not worth the price, but gotta admit, its good looking(and the 750dj looks ugly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back