Monoprice Portable THX AAA Amplifier
Jul 18, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #93 of 191
Think mine had 1 usb cable.

UI for eq is horrible. Needs an app.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #94 of 191
I wonder why the can't just repackage this into a small desktop style system.

Jul 28, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #98 of 191
Note 4 --> CableCreation OTG --> THX --> Koss KPH30i = :L3000:
Note4_THX.jpg

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #99 of 191
Awesome - thank you. I was mainly worried with the hiss after reading the review on www.audiosciencereview.com. I think I'm going to purchase one of these to replace my Schiit Stack. I've been wanting something portable.

The hiss is there IF you recharge the unit from PC USB and listen to it trough USB input BUT that is just wrongly tested in first place. No hiss if used as it is supposed to use, by battery power.
Btw it can drive HD800 decently too:
_DSC3408.jpg

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #100 of 191
Trying to resurrect this thread. I know many of you, like me, are hard to please.
With that said, I just received my Monoprice Monolith Portable THX DAC/Amp today. If this is a case of you get what you pay for, this device should cost triple its selling price. The precision. The quality. The settings. Look I'm never satisfied and all I can say is "Wow". Mind blowing detail with nothing overdone. Using my Sony MDR-1AM2 (I know are not high end). Well, I love them. I'm using my new Monolith Dac w/Sony cans from Note 9 & UAPP. I have Tidal MQA and currently listening to Two Feet from album A 20 Something ***. It's possible I've never had the opportunity to enjoy a setup like this, or not. This is THX at its finest. Each track sounds better than the last!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #101 of 191
Trying to resurrect this thread. I know many of you, like me, are hard to please.
With that said, I just received my Monoprice Monolith Portable THX DAC/Amp today. If this is a case of you get what you pay for, this device should cost triple its selling price. The precision. The quality. The settings. Look I'm never satisfied and all I can say is "Wow". Mind blowing detail with nothing overdone. Using my Sony MDR-1AM2 (I know are not high end). Well, I love them. I'm using my new Monolith Dac w/Sony cans from Note 9 & UAPP. I have Tidal MQA and currently listening to Two Feet from album A 20 Something ****. It's possible I've never had the opportunity to enjoy a setup like this, or not. This is THX at its finest. Each track sounds better than the last!
Yes same I have had mine for just under a Month,It's incredible what this Amp can produce ,I have mine paired with the FiiO M11 Just Fantastic :):):)

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #102 of 191
Yes same I have had mine for just under a Month,It's incredible what this Amp can produce ,I have mine paired with the FiiO M11 Just Fantastic :):):)
Yes I had the M11 for a couple of days. Very nice device for sure. Then I took another look at my Note 9 and, well, felt like I could use that with the Monolith THX. So that's what I'm doing. Felt like with a DAP, I was doing everything twice with Android. I realize the noise benefits but...the Note 9 really sings!!

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #103 of 191
I've had my monolith portable for about a month and yeah i agree it is really good for the price. To be able to carry around this kinda power and clean sounding amplification is really awesome, the extra stuff like Dirac and hardware EQ is also a bonus to a already great device. Pairing mine with a Fiio M6 and it is a treat, I could see someone buying one of these and using as both a desktop and portable solution and not needing anything else.

Aug 20, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #104 of 191
I've had my monolith portable for about a month and yeah i agree it is really good for the price. To be able to carry around this kinda power and clean sounding amplification is really awesome, the extra stuff like Dirac and hardware EQ is also a bonus to a already great device. Pairing mine with a Fiio M6 and it is a treat, I could see someone buying one of these and using as both a desktop and portable solution and not needing anything else.
I agree 100%. It is a "treat". The clarity is amazing. BTW, what cable would you suggest based on your experience to run USB-C (like your M6 and my Note 9) to Micro USB input on the Monolith do you think?

Aug 20, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #105 of 191

Users who are viewing this thread

Back