Monoprice Monolith Liquid Spark - By Alex Cavalli
Mar 16, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #511 of 624
Are you a really loud listener? I am not and my amps have a lot of power. If I want to have any range at all on my amp knobs I need to keep Windows at about 20%.

And I Really enjoy the sound of my system. Of course I had to make lots of "bad" purchases to get to this point. :smile:
no not at all my levels are basically average...my liquid spark sit around 9-10 O'clock on the high gain so it's not too loud or anything

Mar 20, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #512 of 624
Hi Guys wanted to ask, i recently purchased the modi multibit and paired it with the liquid spark and i find that the combination can get pretty harsh...this normally happens when the songs peak like vocals hitting highs and guitar solos and makes it uncomfortable to unbearable...now granted this was all done using tidal and when i compared the same song in musicbee using wasapi, the harshness is kinda tamed up....so my question is the LS doing this cause of the roll off in the top end or is this purely a tidal issue etc....i like the sound of this amp has an element of old schoolness to it which i like but if the amp is causing the issue then i might have to consider something else...hopefully some of you with the modi multibit can help...i'm connected to my pc via usb

The USB input on earlier Schiit Dacs was not well implemented (lots of distortion). That's why the company came out with the EITR, which is a USB to S/PDIF bridge. The EITR is used to bypass the USB input on a DAC. The USB port on your computer connects to the USB input on the EITR and the coaxial output of the EITR connects to the coaxial input on your D/A converter. The EITR is also useful as a USB to S/PDIF bridge with older D/A converters that do not have a USB input. This way you can still use one of these older dacs with your computer.

You may want to see if you can find a used EITR for sale. Or keep a lookout on Schiit's Website for an EITR on close out.
They do show up from time to time. There are also other USB to S/PDIF bridges from other manufacturers such as Gustard, if you can't find an EITR.

Best of luck. 😊

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #518 of 624
So this ss amp has a bit tube like sound as far as I read? I am looking for a good cheap amp to handle my Sennheiser 6XX politely but with great detail. Most systems I tried make de 6XX sound harsh and very fatiguing in upper midrange. So after reading this thread I concluded this amp is very smooth , slightly warm and slightly laid back in upper mid but still retaining good detail in treble. I think it is what I am looking for. So for people who uses it with cans from Senn 6** series, does they sound smoother and more relaxed with LS than with similar prices amps like atom or magni right?

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #519 of 624
So this ss amp has a bit tube like sound as far as I read? I am looking for a good cheap amp to handle my Sennheiser 6XX politely but with great detail. Most systems I tried make de 6XX sound harsh and very fatiguing in upper midrange. So after reading this thread I concluded this amp is very smooth , slightly warm and slightly laid back in upper mid but still retaining good detail in treble. I think it is what I am looking for. So for people who uses it with cans from Senn 6** series, does they sound smoother and more relaxed with LS than with similar prices amps like atom or magni right?
Yes, that was my impression when I owned it

Apr 16, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #521 of 624
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #522 of 624
Sorry for a silly question but just to make sure. Can I use this kind of cable with the liquid spark power brick in EU instead of an adapter from US plug to EU? https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Hama-Power-Cord-2-5-Black/dp/B0002W697E

I don’t have Liquid Spark yet but ordered one so need to get an adapter or a cord.
I have no idea. It might be a good idea to go to the Liquid Spark pages at Monoprice and Amazon U.S. and ask that question so (hopefully) someone from Monoprice can answer it.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #524 of 624
Sorry for a silly question but just to make sure. Can I use this kind of cable with the liquid spark power brick in EU instead of an adapter from US plug to EU? https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Hama-Power-Cord-2-5-Black/dp/B0002W697E

I don’t have Liquid Spark yet but ordered one so need to get an adapter or a cord.
This is what the manual says:

1618689460711.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back