Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
Apr 25, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #3,751 of 5,150
Apr 25, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #3,752 of 5,150
Bombay sapphire gin with ruby red grapefruit juice, and purple og. 👌
I knew we had a connection and like a lot of the same stuff, and now I know why. :wink: The green stuff always takes the music to the next level, and I don't ever listen without it. :o2smile: Happy late 4/20!

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #3,753 of 5,150
Hey guys, be kind and identify what "substances" you're imbibing (or inhaling) on this Liquid Platinum boat. No way I am being left out. I want in on the party :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

sparkling-hemingway.gif

Weed_Infused_Whiskey_HeroFinal_699x460.gif

5c877f9939ccc26717be730e75f8e290.gif

So I'm definitely having what you guys are having, so name the brew or cocktail or whatever's inside the pipe :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:
GG#4 (Gorilla Glue OG, my all-time favorite strain) is in my pipe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #3,755 of 5,150
I knew we had a connection and like a lot of the same stuff, and now I know why. :wink: The green stuff always takes the music to the next level, and I don't ever listen without it. :o2smile: Happy late 4/20!
I hear ya. Freaks me out sometimes when listening. It's like being teleported right into the event. 😂

Apr 25, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #3,756 of 5,150
Apr 25, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #3,757 of 5,150
Hey guys, be kind and identify what "substances" you're imbibing (or inhaling) on this Liquid Platinum boat. No way I am being left out. I want in on the party :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

sparkling-hemingway.gif

Weed_Infused_Whiskey_HeroFinal_699x460.gif

5c877f9939ccc26717be730e75f8e290.gif

So I'm definitely having what you guys are having, so name the brew or cocktail or whatever's inside the pipe :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:
Mine was a couple of Boston area New England IPAs - Cloud Candy by Mighty Squirrel and Cat's Meow by Exhibit A - and two edibles with melatonin called Bedtime Bettys. Wiped me out but good.

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #3,758 of 5,150
I hear ya. Freaks me out sometimes when listening. It's like being teleported right into the event. 😂
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets weirded out by this sometimes. It's like, I always wanted to be an Allman Bros roadie, but this is too real.

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #3,759 of 5,150
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets weirded out by this sometimes. It's like, I always wanted to be an Allman Bros roadie, but this is too real.
Sometimes it's really spooky. I sit there literally on the edge of my seat. The only one who understands my hobby( the way i indulge in it) is my neighbor. The look on his face is priceless 🤣

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #3,760 of 5,150
Bombay sapphire gin with ruby red grapefruit juice, and purple og. 👌
Bingo! and guilty as charged! I gladly confess to being rather partial to Bombay Sapphire inspired gins and tonics myself. They have a way of enhancing many aspects of the frequency spectrum in my listening, such as lowering the noise floor, improving spaciousness and detail retrieval, and adding that last crucial nth percent to bass thump and texture :slight_smile: :slight_smile::)

8fe929d909af8dd999e37da4a459801f.gif
escbpsi4obvimfxiwyfc

I am still trying to imagine what wonders a couple of sapphire cocktails can do for the bass line and holography of that "Flute Beat Box" tune you just referenced. Tidal, here I come!
Mine was a couple of Boston area New England IPAs - Cloud Candy by Mighty Squirrel and Cat's Meow by Exhibit A - and two edibles with melatonin called Bedtime Bettys. Wiped me out but good.
Can't say I am familiar with these brews, but i welcome the challenge of the research and experimentation with recipes. Incidentally, being located in Western Massachusetts seems like a great head start...

016.gif
1536401599-potion-making-2.gif

GG#4 (Gorilla Glue OG, my all-time favorite strain) is in my pipe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Well, that's another research project for me right there! So it seems I've got some recipe rolling, pipe rolling, and brew rolling tasks to perform with my LPs, along with the usual tube-rolling, which has now taken a pause, now that I have got a locker full of tubes I am not using. The pipe and brew rolling is poised to take listening up another notch, into the fairy tale land of elves, and why not? I say bring it on!

stir-2.gif
giphy.gif

And whatever y'all do, never forget to enjoy the music, the perfect tonic for mental health in the pandemic!:slight_smile::slight_smile::sunglasses:

1*FqqFJcwgu8dQ4z7Qc5G8vQ.gif

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #3,761 of 5,150
I agree that the gain of this amp is a bit high so I use a Schiit SYS between my DAC and the amp, which works well. (Actually, the chain is Bifrost Multibit - SYS - distribution amp - Liquid Platinum + other amps.)
Wouldn't it be much more preferable/useful if the Liquid Platinum was re-designed (by Alex Cavalli) to include a low-high gain switch (like the Singxer SA-1 ss amp) or a variable gain switch (like the Pathos Aurium hybrid tube amp)?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #3,762 of 5,150
Wouldn't it be much more preferable/useful if the Liquid Platinum was re-designed (by Alex Cavalli) to include a low-high gain switch (like the Singxer SA-1 ss amp) or a varianble gain switch (like the Pathos Aurium hybrid tube amp)?
Yes, that would certainly be a good idea for a V2 of the Liquid Platinum. The Liquid Gold X (which was introduced after the Liquid Platinum) has a gain switch on the front panel..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back