Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
May 13, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #3,781 of 5,150
May 13, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #3,783 of 5,150
Got my last Cavalli LP for $399.99 plus tax via Monoprice. A great price for the sound quality this headphone amp is
capable of.

I am waiting for another Monoprice $293 special for the LP, to pull the trigger on. I like this headphone
amp so much that having 2 is fine as long as the price is right....

Have heard nice things about the Violectric HPA V550. Have not had the opportunity to listen to
one though...

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #3,784 of 5,150
Check out this new review on the Violectric V550. Anyone here heard this one yet ?

I have a V200 and a V281. I am a candidate for a V550 or 590 soon. Thanks for posting the review. I will check it out.

May 14, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #3,785 of 5,150
I have a V200 and a V281. I am a candidate for a V550 or 590 soon. Thanks for posting the review. I will check it out.

I have a vintage Violectric HPA V100 and it's very well constructed. Have always liked the attention to detail
that goes into these products. The latest Violectric headphone amplifiers look impressive to say the least.
A bit out of my price range though. 😊

May 14, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #3,786 of 5,150
This is the LP thread right? :wink:

May 14, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #3,787 of 5,150
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #3,788 of 5,150
Has anyone tried the LP with all open back ZMFs? I read a lot about its synergy with the Aeolus and wondering if it also works well with the Auteur and Verite Open. I am looking to build a system around the ZMF open back trinity and considering the LP as the main amp. Any thoughts/suggestions are most welcome. Cheers!

Jun 3, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #3,789 of 5,150
Has anyone tried the LP with all open back ZMFs? I read a lot about its synergy with the Aeolus and wondering if it also works well with the Auteur and Verite Open. I am looking to build a system around the ZMF open back trinity and considering the LP as the main amp. Any thoughts/suggestions are most welcome. Cheers!

Honestly, if you're going with a ZMF heavy collection, I'd look at real tube amps. I'm not super well-versed in them, so I hesitate to mention anything specific. BHC seems to be a big hit though if you're into DIY. Cayin also, if you're into the idea of rolling (upgrading) tubes. Schiit, if you're able to get it shipped. But there are so many others that I'm not mentioning. I love the ZDT Jr with the Aeolus. It's just something different from anything hybrid or solid state, imho.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #3,790 of 5,150

SW51 or Pendant

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #3,791 of 5,150
I actually do own all three and they sound excellent. I will mention that my LP is cap-modded and Im using 12au7 tubes with my unit. If you are using stock LP and tubes, then youre experience might varry.

I like my Auteur with LP and is my favorite setup for that hp. my LP is tuned towards low end boost and 3d, holographic soundstage and combined that with my auteur, its a match made in heaven. It really opens up the auteur even more and the 12au7 tubes really help bring out the low end of the auteur that some people, including myself to be a little lacking especially with their stock auteur pads. I think the LP works really well with zmf cans especially if you use all balanced input and output.

Jun 4, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #3,793 of 5,150
I actually do own all three and they sound excellent. I will mention that my LP is cap-modded and Im using 12au7 tubes with my unit. If you are using stock LP and tubes, then youre experience might varry.

I like my Auteur with LP and is my favorite setup for that hp. my LP is tuned towards low end boost and 3d, holographic soundstage and combined that with my auteur, its a match made in heaven. It really opens up the auteur even more and the 12au7 tubes really help bring out the low end of the auteur that some people, including myself to be a little lacking especially with their stock auteur pads. I think the LP works really well with zmf cans especially if you use all balanced input and output.
Hi, I'm also a LP owner and currently waiting for my Verite Closed, I saw VC is also in your collection, wondering how does that work with your LP? Thanks

Jun 4, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #3,794 of 5,150
Honestly, if you're going with a ZMF heavy collection, I'd look at real tube amps. I'm not super well-versed in them, so I hesitate to mention anything specific. BHC seems to be a big hit though if you're into DIY. Cayin also, if you're into the idea of rolling (upgrading) tubes. Schiit, if you're able to get it shipped. But there are so many others that I'm not mentioning. I love the ZDT Jr with the Aeolus. It's just something different from anything hybrid or solid state, imho.
Thanks for the advice. Will look into those options but I pretty much have my heart set on the LP.

Great insights, much appreciated. Will definitely look into the cap mod and consider the 12au7 tubes if I get the LP. It is a very tempting proposition, especially after reading your description of how nice it pairs with the Auteur. I can only imagine how syrupy it makes Aeolus sound, right? :) And I would also be keen on your thoughts on its pairing with the Verite if you don't mind sharing. It does sound like a really good option for a ZMF-centric system. Thanks!

Jun 4, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #3,795 of 5,150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back