Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
Sep 11, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #197 of 5,150
Am I the only one that feels like this:

That's why I never trust a release date.

I just take the view of id Software's John Carmack. If it isn't vaporware to begin with, it will eventually be released "when it's done".

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #201 of 5,150
Sep 12, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #206 of 5,150
I understand that sometimes Schiit happens, but the repeated delays tell me someone at Monoprice screwed up planning, big time!
Compare that to Massdrop - their collaboration products usually have 6+ months of wait time, but so far (from my personal experience) they ALL shipped on time (couple shipped a few days early). That includes 2 Cavalli amps that I got from them (LCX and CTH)...

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #207 of 5,150
I understand that sometimes Schiit happens, but the repeated delays tell me someone at Monoprice screwed up planning, big time!
Compare that to Massdrop - their collaboration products usually have 6+ months of wait time, but so far (from my personal experience) they ALL shipped on time (couple shipped a few days early). That includes 2 Cavalli amps that I got from them (LCX and CTH)...
As someone who waited through the 1+ year delay for the release of the iBasso It-04, I will say that the wait can be worth it.

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #208 of 5,150
As someone who waited through the 1+ year delay for the release of the iBasso It-04, I will say that the wait can be worth it.
I was trying to make the distinction between:
* Massdrop: long wait, but deliver on time
* Monoprice: shorter wait, but keep delaying, over and over, and eventually the wait seem much longer than Massdrop

So, it is all about planning and manufacturing execution! That, and setting the right expectations with customers...

Sep 13, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #209 of 5,150
I was trying to make the distinction between:
* Massdrop: long wait, but deliver on time
* Monoprice: shorter wait, but keep delaying, over and over, and eventually the wait seem much longer than Massdrop

So, it is all about planning and manufacturing execution! That, and setting the right expectations with customers...
Maybe th founder can chime abit

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #210 of 5,150
This
...but keep delaying, over and over, and eventually the wait seem much longer...
was the IT-04 story.

In fact, they said 'Real soon now' and 'within a couple months' several times over the course of 14 months. They actually brought out a whole different IEM (IT-01) first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back