Monoprice Monolith Liquid Gold (X)
Nov 4, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #676 of 694
It shouldn't be doing that. That makes me suspicious that you've either got a bad power supply or that your power from the wall outlet is very bad (either very bad for the circuit the amp is plugged in to or very bad for the whole house).

How much other stuff do you have plugged in to the same circuit as the amp? Do you have something like a 1000W gaming computer and a laser printer and a mini fridge and the rest of your audio gear all plugged in to the same circuit? Are all your outlets and circuits properly grounded? Do you get brownouts that dip below 100 volts? Do your outlets have a bad ground? Do you have noticeable static electricity in that room or around your home?

Your amp isn't acting right. Something is wrong. Not sure if it is the amp or the power supply or the power quality from the outlet. Something is not right. I've never had my Liquid Gold X or Liquid Platinum just click off or go into protection mode. The amp shouldn't be doing that.
I've plugged this into multiple outlets and get the same results. It's usually plugged in on its own with nothing else around it.

Jan 1, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #677 of 694
I've mentioned a few times that the Liquid Gold X is a bit of a temperamental beast - it only sounds good when it likes the headphones that it drives. Here are two headphones that sound fantastic with the Liquid Gold X: ZMF Ori (aka Omni) and DCA (aka MrSpeakers) Aeon Flow Open. Wonderful synergy!

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #678 of 694
I've mentioned a few times that the Liquid Gold X is a bit of a temperamental beast - it only sounds good when it likes the headphones that it drives. Here are two headphones that sound fantastic with the Liquid Gold X: ZMF Ori (aka Omni) and DCA (aka MrSpeakers) Aeon Flow Open. Wonderful synergy!
I found LG-X had poor synergy w/ Meze Elite. I do enjoy it very much w/ my ZMFs (Auteur & Atrium).

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #679 of 694
Jan 2, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #680 of 694
Yes, sounds awesome with the Aeon Open, I was very surprised.

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #681 of 694
I found LG-X had poor synergy w/ Meze Elite. I do enjoy it very much w/ my ZMFs (Auteur & Atrium).
Really? Listening at Can Jams, I found the Meze Elite had very poor synergy with some of the tube amps-if it's doing the same with solid state amps it's very important to find out what amps it DOES sound good with.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #682 of 694
Jan 2, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #684 of 694
Really? Listening at Can Jams, I found the Meze Elite had very poor synergy with some of the tube amps-if it's doing the same with solid state amps it's very important to find out what amps it DOES sound good with.
They sounded great out of my Liquid Platinum, from my Audio-gd Master 11, and direct out of my mScaler/TT2. Also from Hiby R6 Pro and FiiO M15.

backstory: I had ordered and was waiting for my Atrium when I ran across a great deal on a used Elite. Had both for about a month, but had to sell one for economic reasons. I almost could have flipped a coin, but ended up selling the Elite for more than I could have gotten for the Atrium. But I really liked the Elite, much more than Empyrean. And LG-X was the only bad pairing I heard -- problem was 'congestion' on busy passages (e.g., last 2 minutes of 'White Bird'.)

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #685 of 694
🎼 😉 🎶 ...
F25F81F5-15F6-4744-A5FC-B61DCB4B0318.jpeg

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #687 of 694
Hi, I have a Liquid Gold X in great condition for sale, based in UK/EU. DM me for detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back