Monoprice Monolith Liquid Gold (X)
Sep 27, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #301 of 694
One of the things about the Liquid Gold X that I'm really enjoying is how it seems to bring out the best in my headphones. I just tried it with my Dan Clark Audio Aeon Flow Closed. The bass is deep and juicy, the midrange is open and natural and the treble is smooth and resolving without being overly analytical - excellent synergy!
Any sense of how it compares to the Liquid Platinum in these areas (bass, midrange, treble, detail, air), if you remember?

Sep 27, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #302 of 694
I am looking for a slightly warmer, balanced all-in-one dac/amp to pair with my Diana V2. I'm currently looking at this and the Burson Conductor 3XP. I know it's probably too early to ask, but does any have experience with both of these?

Sep 27, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #303 of 694
Sep 29, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #304 of 694
Any sense of how it compares to the Liquid Platinum in these areas (bass, midrange, treble, detail, air), if you remember?

The thing that most stands out so far is that on the Liquid Platinum I usually preferred the single-ended output, but on the Liquid Gold I tend to prefer the balanced output. I really like the treble on the balanced output - it's extended and detailed while remaining smooth and musical (meaning not analytical) to my ears.

Sep 30, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #305 of 694
Hi Liquid Gold owners... So, I have a big choice to make and I am wondering your thoughts. I am in need of a new DAC and possibly a new amp. I currently have a Vinshine R2R DAC (similar to a Denafrips Ares 2 or Soekris) and the Cembalo Spring 1 Amp. I am selling my Vinshine. Do you believe the liquid Golds DAC is on par with the amp section? I have owned a Milo, Pathos Aurium and only R2R DACs. I did have an Audeze Deckard at one point but have never owned a higher end all in one. Just curious what you think as a solution?

Thanks for your thoughts...

Oct 10, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #306 of 694
Okay : I confess that I was expecting to read far more thrilled and gushing first time impressions by this time from new owners of the LG X than I do now. So am I detecting a smaller than usual roster of ecstatic new LG X buyers, or is it all in my head? Is the LG X promising to be a runaway hit with enthusiasts as early as the LP did, quickly after its release, or are we still in the "too soon to tell" phase?

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #308 of 694
I have been surprised as well that no one provided their feedback from my post. I thoughts would be more forthcoming. Oh well! So, I went another direction away from the LAUX. hope everyone enjoys their new DAC/amp.

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #309 of 694
LGX is not in the same level as the original LAu I would say 60% at most.
Oh, did you manage to hear the LGX down under?

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #312 of 694
the original is what 4 times the cost?

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #313 of 694
The original was also made in the US (Texas) in small manufacturing runs and boutique audio markups due to the small runs and the realistic costs of keeping a small boutique audio company running.

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #314 of 694
So far not seeing anyone clearly recommending this over LP given the large price difference. Per that review if seems high powered planars or if you dislike tubes would be the use cases

Users who are viewing this thread

Back