Monoprice Electrostatic Headphone
Nov 6, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #17 of 137
I'm eager to hear some actual listening impressions. At that price point they had better sound really good and comparable to STAX or other $1000+ rigs.

I suspect your comparison hopes are too high. Maybe comparing it to they Koss ESP950 at best and planar magnetics sub $1,100 is a little more fair.
I don't see these touching the Stax L-series at all.

Nov 6, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 137
Who releases headphones this way? They had ample opportunities to have people review it, and have impressions ready by release day. Bush league over here. Also, apparently that thing is a lithium ion battery powered amp - not just an energizer? at least according to the product page.

Dec 18, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #20 of 137
If I were to guess, I would guess these are KingSound Headphones and their portable amp striped down and rebadged.

Mar 3, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #25 of 137
334551.jpg

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12001&cs_id=1082707&p_id=33455
This may very well be the least liked high end headphones released by Monoprice. Even the M300 iem planar phones were better recurved than these. Not sure how well the beryllium headphones were received.

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #26 of 137
This may very well be the least liked high end headphones released by Monoprice. Even the M300 iem planar phones were better recurved than these. Not sure how well the beryllium headphones were received.
Are there any reviews? I cannot seem to find many at all.

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #27 of 137
There is a user review on Monoprices web sight, and one on youtube. The link to the youtube is on one of the previous posts here. It is on the DMS channel, he virtually says nothing over the entire review, not very encouraging.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #28 of 137
There is a user review on Monoprices web sight, and one on youtube. The link to the youtube is on one of the previous posts here. It is on the DMS channel, he virtually says nothing over the entire review, not very encouraging.
Anything on you tube I ignore.

One review on Monoprice isn't enough data points to extract anything useful.

Unfortunately, @MonoPrice didn't seem to send review units out to usual headphone reviewers and influencers, or if they did, the reviews aren't out yet. Without any feedback, buying a $700 from an unknown in high end audio is quite a gamble.

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #29 of 137
Well, I'm posting this deal for the good of community. If you have been interested in Monoprice's Electrostat but felt the price was too high, today is your lucky day. Although the new version of this headphone is excluded from today's 25% off coupon, the open box version is not. This means using the code MONDEAL brings the total to $375. I would jump on this myself if I hadn't just tapped out my back account with the purchase of 4 other headphones.

Hopefully, if someone buys it at this really good price, they will at least review it using actual words (unlike some other unhelpful reviewers I know...).

NOTE: The coupon "MONDEAL" is for today only!

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #30 of 137
So...basically the only reviewer that has heard these things feels so incredibly non-plused by the whole experience as to be speechless?
I know people are a little annoyed by a review that literally says nothing...but doesn't that speak volumes about how much these suck? I mean posting a ten minute review in which you literally just look at the damn things and can't find a single thing to say....that's powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back