Monoprice Desktop Headphone Amplifier #11567
Dec 9, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #121 of 143
I don't have that problem with this DAC/amp, and it is always on and frequently not playing sound since it is connected to my Mac at home which never sleeps, and previously I used it at work on a Dell PC running Windows 10 and never encountered that.

However, I *have* had that experience with one other DAC/amps on the work PC, a Yulong U100, and turning it on and off did fix it every time, so I think I know what you're describing.

Do you have another computer to test the Monoprice?

Quick question for all those who owns this amp/dac, I have a weird issue with the dac portion of this unit. If i step away for a few hours with the amp/dac and my pc on with no sound playing, the unit needs to be turned off and turned back on before I can listen to anything otherwise it would sound muddy and static-y. Anyone else have this issue?

Just an FYI, I have the unit going to a DTA-120 through Line-Out. I removed it to see if it was causing the issue but I get the same results with just using the dac/amp with headphones.

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #122 of 143
Really like the look of this for $100. Plenty of power, line-out, USB plug and play, etc. The ONE thing holding me back is the output impedance 10 ohms seems unnecessarily large. Has anybody actually confirmed that to be the case?

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #124 of 143
Jan 23, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #126 of 143
  how does this compare to the fx audio x6 or the smsl m3?

The FX and the Monoprice have about the same power.  The SMSL has a lot less power. 

The Monoprice doesn't have optical or coax input.  The SMSL 24/192 through the coax or optical and the FX 16/192 through coax or optical.

Only the Monoprice has the ability to be used as a pre-amp.

Only the Monoprice has an RCA AUX IN

All are 24/96 on USB.

All have line out.

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #128 of 143

I have to question that considering basically every post I've seen about the FX x6 says it has a lot less power than its specs indicate.

My info is based on comparing the specs.  

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #131 of 143
  Has anyone bought this unit recently noticed any problems?
I intend to use it for Blu Ray movies on the pc with a HD598cs or HD600.
Thank you

None so far, the RCA is just a bit too recessed for some cables to fit snug. That is more of a gripe and the not so smooth volume knob as mentioned. 

I use mine as a DAC almost purely. 

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #132 of 143
Regarding the power on issue that some people are having with this amp, I was also affected by it and it got worse over time, after purchase the amp would turn on most of the time, but months after that the only reliable way to turn it on all the time was to plug it into a power strip to switch it on and off, this way it worked every time.

However, I was curious to know if the amp was faulty, so I picked up a higher quality 15V 4A power brick and I can confirm that now the amp turns on every time, and not only that, sound quality seems to be slightly better, now the amp sounds slightly fuller on low gain and also some minor distortion that appeared on some albums (mostly badly mastered pop cds) has dissapeared.

It may have been that the power supply that came with my unit was faulty, but anyway it still measures ok, so I can't confirm that point.

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #133 of 143
Has anyone run into a problem with the preout? I recently bought this Damp off eBay purely to be used as a preout for my receiver but it sounds dirty/scratchy/cruddy. The gain is set to 0 and the line out is clean. what gives?

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #134 of 143
Has anyone run into a problem with the preout? I recently bought this Damp off eBay purely to be used as a preout for my receiver but it sounds dirty/scratchy/cruddy. The gain is set to 0 and the line out is clean. what gives?

I didn't have any problem when I did that.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back