Monoprice 8323 Good for My Needs?
Oct 3, 2012 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ROUGHRIDER13

New Head-Fier
First off, I'm completely new to this forum and headphones in general, so my apologies if my post makes no sense or if its in the wrong place.

I've been scouting for a headphones <$30 that will fit my needs of:
-Music listening (emphasis on pop/dance/electronic, but I want headphones that are good with everything)
-Playing a digital piano (obviously with headphones plugged in) and playing cello by ear
-Audio production and editing (through Audacity and similar programs)

FYI, playing cello by ear means I listen to a recording and play along with it.

Will the Monoprice 8323 fit my needs? If not, what will? I want the best value possible.

Thanks

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
First off, I'm completely new to this forum and headphones in general, so my apologies if my post makes no sense or if its in the wrong place.
I've been scouting for a headphones <$30 that will fit my needs of:
-Music listening (emphasis on pop/dance/electronic, but I want headphones that are good with everything)
-Playing a digital piano (obviously with headphones plugged in) and playing cello by ear
-Audio production and editing (through Audacity and similar programs)
FYI, playing cello by ear means I listen to a recording and play along with it.
Will the Monoprice 8323 fit my needs? If not, what will? I want the best value possible.

I think for your budget, Monoprice (8323) is your only choice.

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
How do the HD 428 compare to the Monoprice 8323?

I have heard many Senns from their budget cans to the HD 600/650, but not the 428.  However, I can tell you that none of the Senns I have heard since the early 1970's are as colored as the Monoprice.   The Monoprice delivers a wide frequency range for such an affordable can, but its sound is way out of balance from neutral.

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #10 of 10
My new Monoprice 8323 arrive on Saturday, I'll try to post a review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back