Monoprice 8320 or JVC HAFX1X
Jul 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dman918

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I currently have Sony EX51s and they are ok, but don't provide enough bass or get loud enough for me.  I mainly use headphones with my phone or tablet while on an airplane so it's important it can be loud and keep outside noise out.  I watch movies and also listen to mainly rap, hip hop and top 20 type music. 

What would be best for me?  I don't want to spend more than $50, and it seems like the monoprice 8320 and JVC HAFX1X are two great options.  What are all your thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 11
MP8320 is very open -- not isolating at all, and IMO, has poor long-term quality and comfort.

Most dynamic driver earphones are going to be vented, and therefore not completely isolating.  Etymotic is the best for isolation, but the MC5 may be out of your price range -- but it is very well-built and durable.

I haven't heard the HA-FX1X, but from the reviews, it sould like it is a dynamic phone that completely just overwhelms outside noise when the music is playing, so that may be a good option for you.

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 11
Thank you for the response.

It's not that they are out of my range, but then at $50ish, I think it opens up a whole new series of headphones.  I just don't use headphones a ton so was hoping there was a really good "value" headphone.

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 11
If you want bass, and it sound s like you do, MP8320 is unlikely to suffice. The JVC is a clear winner here.

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 11
I have the 8320 and the brother to the HA-FX1X, the HA-FX101, which most say is better sounding than the FX1X. If you want bass go with the FX101. It really pounds and pounds nice and clean.Not balanced at all, a true basshead earphone! Also the fit and wear is much better than the 8320. The 8320's have good bass and a nice clean detailed sound-better highs than the FX101, are much more balanced,  but because of their design will be relegated to sitting listening. Hope this helps.

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #7 of 11
JVC over Monoprice if you want more bass. Monoprice over JVC if you want clarity. Both if you have the money. Seriously. I own both.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 11
Get the JVC FX40 and be done with it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #11 of 11
I own monoprice and I really love their sound and how open they can be with little EQ. I am also looking for something sounding similar for a max price of 30-40 euro but with way better fit and isolation. I am always getting really nervous when using monoprice beacause it's so difficult to make them fit properly and isolate well so you can listen to their power and beauty. This is the main reason why I am looking for an alternative that better fits my ear. But it's a real pity cause they sound amazing in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back