Monolith MX7000 Premium 1GB Review
Apr 11, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #62 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by vindiesel
Thanx for the link.
Can I use it also for the european model?

Yes I think they're all the same. You just connect up your player via USB to your computer, copy the file to your player's root directory and unplug it once it's there. It will automatically detect the CBR file and install the new firmware.

Quote:

Originally Posted by z-iron
It says on the estarlab.com site that this player is approximately 64 grams?!?! - its a FLASH player! Damn, that's heavy! I was planning to go running with this sort of thing, but I guess that's out of the question now. And since I live in Canada, I guess it'll be $300 (2GB)for me as well!

plus PST and GST through Canada Post.

It is growing on me now minus a few flaws, like the poor button quality. I'm an industrial design student so I guess I'm extra picky. I am pretty sure I am just going to make my own better fit buttons, because it bugs me that much.

Apr 11, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #63 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by z-iron
It says on the estarlab.com site that this player is approximately 64 grams?!?! - its a FLASH player! Damn, that's heavy! I was planning to go running with this sort of thing, but I guess that's out of the question now. And since I live in Canada, I guess it'll be $300 (2GB)for me as well!

Lol, if you can't handle the extra 64 grams you shouldn't run, might brake a leg or something...
icon10.gif

(sry, just had to say something
tongue.gif
)

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #65 of 112
Anybody courageously?
I found a new korean Beta Version of MX7000 firmware on this page:
http://monolith.dothome.co.kr

It seems be some kind of developer-forum or similar, i logged in with a faked KSSN-Number and with babelfish´s help . the Version 1.19 is the newest I found, I guess its not english, but I´m not sure.
I translated some text from this site and found out that there must be changes for "EQ-spectrum" , "REC height" (level?) and FM etc...
I dont dare to install it on my player, if anyone is interested, i uploaded it here:

http://www.helfried-wildenhain.de/mo...7000_fw19b.rar

Its difficult to browse trough these korean sites, and I didnt understand most of the information, but this firmware was posted on 06.03.08 , march 18th , that means they are working on it !

Apr 12, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #66 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
It is a rather enormous player.

nanomono.jpg

THat's crazy. I'd say stick with something else or wait for another revision. Gapless just isn't worth that much size.

Apr 12, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #67 of 112
wow, here are some excerpts from the version history of the monolith korean firmwares:
(babelfish!)

"-15. [ P.14 ] (2006.01.17) - Level it applied Meter and the Waveform. The MENU- it will be able to set from DISPLAY- VISUALIZATION. - In order for to sound recording hour the Level Meter to be always indicated. The Line until end to the case which kicks to control a CD or car three thu) volume the possibility the sound breaking be a in sound recording one case Level Meter and to see Level Meter the input flag (. - It amended the bug which indicates a Folder Play hour whole music number by mistake. 16. [ P.15 ] (2006.02.15) - in MENU- DISPLAY- VISUALIZATION it added the spectrum.

The bug where the Resume does not become from VBR file it amended. - Last one amended the bug where the alignment does not become from file alignment. - Compared to it reduced pop noise in small quantity music for. -

it is copied in the root. N version the version which supports the M3U and P version are the version which supports the Playlist of existing with reference."

....and much more
it seems as if the next release will have input level control, m3u, bugfixes, visualization (?) .... hope they release it very soon for europe, i dont dare to install the korean version - i´m still not sure shall i keep my monolith or not. I ordered an iaudio U3 these days, maybe the direct comparsion will help making a decision.
I´ll keep you informed.
Regards Helfried

Apr 12, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #68 of 112
I tried the new firmware, its english and korean !
There is a levelmeter for playback and recording, new displayfont, m3u support (N version)... and more
But I couldnt find an option to set the input level.
If someone is interested:

http://www.helfried-wildenhain.de/mo...7000_fw19b.rar

the N version is for m3u support, the P version the standard playlist.
I think its still a beta, but works perfect on my player.
You have to copy both files to root directory - thats all.

includes the firmware history for all korean fw-versions - babelfish translation ;-( :

Apr 13, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #70 of 112
hey those visualizations are a cool feature

can they make a firmware to stop the buttons from rattling?

I am looking forward to being able to adjust the line-in volume, though I don't think it would ever be able to work at a decent volume with my microphone without a mic pre-amp. Also, I hope they include ID3 v2 support at some point.

Does anyone know of any good small mic pre-amps that I could use on the go for field recordings? Probably the largest I could handle is something about the size of this player. I guess this might not be the best thread to ask.

Apr 13, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #71 of 112
>>can they make a firmware to stop the buttons from rattling?

yeah, me too !!

>>I am looking forward to being able to adjust the line-in volume, though I >>don't think it would ever be able to work at a decent volume with my >>microphone without a mic pre-amp.

I'm afraid this will never be possible, i think all they can do is to make the input of the line-in adjustable (lowering the level to avoid clipping), buts it will still be a "line-in" , means ca. -10dB sensitivity. There is no stereo mic-preamp inside the mx7000 AFAIK.
Your mic will probably deliver a level beetween -60 or -40 dB, or less ,so you will need a preamp.

Apr 14, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #75 of 112
whoah, I'm not even kidding when I tell you this but I was just listening to my monolith not even 5 minutes ago thinking "I wonder how I can install different fonts on this thing and where do I get them".

Thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back