Monolith MX7000 Premium 1GB Review
Feb 28, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #31 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytmarezz
Any news about when/where we will be able to get this player in the US?

yes, you can order it *right now* from a european company such as http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/ and they will ship it to you stateside.

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #32 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by starpause
yes, you can order it *right now* from a european company such as http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/ and they will ship it to you stateside.

Yea, I know about that site, but I was hoping that there would be some US retailers too that may have a better price?
tongue.gif
because if you convert the prices on amp3 it comes out to ~$260 for the 2gb model no to mention if it came to a major retailer here I would be able to get a chance to hold it/play with it before I buy it
cool.gif

If you compare that price to what else is available at that price (ex: Creative 8 GB Zen Micro Photo MP3 Player $234 at Walmart.com) you realize your really paying a premium (no pun intended
biggrin.gif
) for it's features.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #33 of 112
Does anyone know if they sell these in hong kong?

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #34 of 112
Sorry to add yet another question to this thread: I'm thinking of buying one of these to replace my ageing 1st Gen iPod (not too many of those left
wink.gif
) but I'm a bit confused as to its navigation / browsing abilities. Can you select a whole album / folder to play or is it per-track / playlist only?

Cheers,

arty

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #35 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by arty
Sorry to add yet another question to this thread: I'm thinking of buying one of these to replace my ageing 1st Gen iPod (not too many of those left
wink.gif
) but I'm a bit confused as to its navigation / browsing abilities. Can you select a whole album / folder to play or is it per-track / playlist only?

Cheers,

arty

Bought this baby already too...it's truly awesome
biggrin.gif
i've never tried another player though
biggrin.gif
but it sounds great along with my Creative EP630 Earphones...
anyway, you can shuffle in folder (album) and shuffle in root. You can also play the playlist. Of course you are not obliged to always shuffle
biggrin.gif
, but i prefer shuffling than playing the whole album simply through the alphabetized songs...

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #36 of 112
Hello everybody! I came across this thread (and forum) while googling aroud for information about this great MX7000. It's quite the perfect player to match my demands for build quality, design and options (at least, that's what I can make up from reviews like this and the specs).

But I wonder if the "extreme durability" also counts for the screen? It looks very glossy and black, which makes it, I'm afraid, extremely sensitive for scratches. Is this the case?

Some other questions:
How long is such an Li-Ion battery supposed to last? Since it's built-in I hope this will be several years at least...

What about the product support, warranty, manual?
The translation on the european website looks quite amateurish, is this also the case with the manual and, even worse, the menus on the player itself?

Does it make any sense to buy the quite expensive see-through protective bag for it?

Are the delivered earphones any good?

Thanks a lot guys! If you have any more information than the info I find on advancedmp3.co.uk and the official website, I would be very happy to read it!

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #37 of 112
Quote:

But I wonder if the "extreme durability" also counts for the screen? It looks very glossy and black, which makes it, I'm afraid, extremely sensitive for scratches. Is this the case?

Mine arrived scratched beneath the protective film, so I'm going to go with yes. Luckily I could care less, but you might have concerns.

Quote:

What about the product support, warranty, manual?

Manual and menu system are not very intuitive. It took me a while of trial and error to get the hang of it. Not amateurish really, but not very detailed manual.

Quote:

Are the delivered earphones any good?

Absolutely not.

Mar 14, 2006 at 11:32 AM Post #38 of 112
Thank you for your reply! I ordered the 2 gigabyte version and Sennheiser CX-300 in-canal earphones (I first had Shures in mind but they were quite more expensive). Ordered it at advancedmp3players.co.uk. Oh, and the protective casing too
smily_headphones1.gif

Looking forward to it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #39 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey
Thank you for your reply! I ordered the 2 gigabyte version and Sennheiser CX-300 in-canal earphones (I first had Shures in mind but they were quite more expensive). Ordered it at advancedmp3players.co.uk. Oh, and the protective casing too
smily_headphones1.gif

Looking forward to it
smily_headphones1.gif

Since this is exactly the same setup I am looking to get at the moment, please update when you get it!

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #41 of 112
Does anyone here have the black version? If so can you post some pics up? i want to see a normal photo of it. Thanks

Mar 27, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #44 of 112
is it true that it is not possible to delete any mp3-file from the MX-7000 (without the use of a computer) ?
I have read this somewhere and cant believe it . I´m thinking of buying one, because of the good sound and recording quality, but this would be a strange limitation . Maybe I recorded some audio I dont want to keep - I cant delete it until i plug the monolith into a computer ??
Can someone confirm if it is true ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back