Monolith M1570C (and M1070C) - Closed Back Planar Headphones
Mar 23, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #108 of 207
Anyone know where does it say model number m1570c on the headphone itself? Can’t seem to find it
If it's anything like my 6 other Monolith headphones, it doesn't have the model on the headphones. I can't imagine the 1570C would be different.

Mar 24, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #110 of 207
The Headphone Gods have smiled on me this day! The M1570C that I ordered the morning of 3/14 has finally arrived. More impressions to come, but they sound really good for a closed back planar. I had pretty low expectations, though, given the stock closed tuning shortfalls of the M1060C.

Sound aside, there are some iffy things. My headband wasn't symmetrical (one cup sat lower than another when at the same extension), one cup doesn't have nearly as much resistance while being rotated, and the cable is pretty unwieldy with a 1/4 in plug (they did send an adaptor, but I much prefer taking a 3.5mm to 1/4 inch than the other way around). I was able to bend the headband a bit more even after some hand tweaking but it's still not perfect. For the price I paid, I don't mind these faults, but I would be pretty ticked at full MSRP. Probably mildly annoyed if I paid something like $400.

Up next, more listening, measurements, pad rolling, and maybe some light (reversible) modding.

0324231222.jpg

Mar 24, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #111 of 207
The Headphone Gods have smiled on me this day! The M1570C that I ordered the morning of 3/14 has finally arrived. More impressions to come, but they sound really good for a closed back planar. I had pretty low expectations, though, given the stock closed tuning shortfalls of the M1060C.

Sound aside, there are some iffy things. My headband wasn't symmetrical (one cup sat lower than another when at the same extension), one cup doesn't have nearly as much resistance while being rotated, and the cable is pretty unwieldy with a 1/4 in plug (they did send an adaptor, but I much prefer taking a 3.5mm to 1/4 inch than the other way around). I was able to bend the headband a bit more even after some hand tweaking but it's still not perfect. For the price I paid, I don't mind these faults, but I would be pretty ticked at full MSRP. Probably mildly annoyed if I paid something like $400.

Up next, more listening, measurements, pad rolling, and maybe some light (reversible) modding.

0324231222.jpg

Congrats! I was starting to think that me getting mine was a fluke, lol. I too hate the stock cable. I've already ordered a custom cable from Hart Audio that they are pinning for the 1570C. I chose a custom color (that will match the color I'm painting the ear cups) and got 2 x 1ft long interconnects for $105. Good luck with your pad rolling and modding.

Mar 24, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #112 of 207
Congrats! I was starting to think that me getting mine was a fluke, lol. I too hate the stock cable. I've already ordered a custom cable from Hart Audio that they are pinning for the 1570C. I chose a custom color (that will match the color I'm painting the ear cups) and got 2 x 1ft long interconnects for $105. Good luck with your pad rolling and modding.
Yeah, the cable is annoying for sure. Since it's a weird pin out I'm probably going to make my own cable like I did for my A800. Mini XLR plugs seem quite reasonable on AliExpress and I already have some OFC wire. I could also rewire the cups themselves to accept Audeze wiring, but that's too warranty-voidy for my comfort lol.

Can't wait to see your tricked out set, though! Did your experiments with the rear dampening have any positive results?

Mar 24, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #113 of 207
Yeah, the cable is annoying for sure. Since it's a weird pin out I'm probably going to make my own cable like I did for my A800. Mini XLR plugs seem quite reasonable on AliExpress and I already have some OFC wire. I could also rewire the cups themselves to accept Audeze wiring, but that's too warranty-voidy for my comfort lol.

Can't wait to see your tricked out set, though! Did your experiments with the rear dampening have any positive results?

Would you mind sharing some Aliexpress links? I’m also considering replacing the cable. Thanks!

Mar 24, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #114 of 207
Would you mind sharing some Aliexpress links? I’m also considering replacing the cable. Thanks!
This one was one of the cheapest ones I found while doing a search but looks like a good option since even though they charge for shipping it doesn't double when you order 2.... Looks pretty similar to the ones used on the stock cable, for better or worse. There are lots of other options though, just search for "mini XLR 4 pin" https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804350200424.html

Mar 24, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #115 of 207
If you want a premade cable , check out post #76. This AliExpress store makes various compatible cables, just search their items for M1570.

Mar 24, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #117 of 207
If you want a premade cable , check out post #76. This AliExpress store makes various compatible cables, just search their items for M1570.
This is even better, I'm not good at DIY, I'll probably just purchase from that store.

Mar 24, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #119 of 207
This is even better, I'm not good at DIY, I'll probably just purchase from that store.
Yeah, that premade cable was tempting because I'm not good at DIY either but my a$$ is cheap... :sweat_smile:

Mar 25, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #120 of 207
Ordered 3/14 @ 745pm; received FedEx 3/24 am

Replaced headband of my M1570 a few days ago with Ali Express clone of Hifiman Sundara headband + 3D printed yokes. Can't even begin to describe how much of an improvement this is over stock headband. Plan to post photos soon. Already ordered same headband & yokes for M1570C.

Now, I'm thinking of ordering one of the Ali Express cables, though I'm not as dissatisfied with the stock cable as some others here. I listen exclusively at my desk with the amp only a couple feet away, so once the stock cables were finished relaxing / unfurling, I don't really find them all that irritating

Users who are viewing this thread

Back