Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Aug 30, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #376 of 1,015
But the damn build and weight :/
Some would not agree with me but I think build quality and comfort is realy gooood on M1570. Depends on pads which are been using, head size and condition (strongness) of your neck. With leather pads I can listen for many hours and no problem. I will not mod as it fits very well to me.

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #379 of 1,015
Thanks. So, it's better to replace G6 on something more powerful for $500-600?
These headphones don't need a lot of power. Depending on what else you have, or are looking to get, you might need a nice little amp to anchor the system. But that is personal preference.

Aug 30, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #380 of 1,015
Running the M1570 on the G6 is doable, and the smooth presentation of the M1570 is irritated by the grainy output of the G6's DAC and analog stage. Still lacking in subbass performance (as in no presence) @Wolftskyi If you don't have a DAC/amp setup yet, you probably should consider setting one up. Nice part is that your investment will last you many years, instead of buying sound card after sound card, and the quality options are available.

You could do what I did and piecemeal it. Start with the G6 you have, then add an amp, and use the G6 as DAC. Then move onto a DAC. If you decide on a tube amp, make sure it's not OTL, otherwise you will have impedance issues.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #381 of 1,015
I'm liking these too, first impressions are very good. Compares very well to my modded GL2000 and HE6se v2.
These are much better than the M1070. You do hear the "hollow" sound of the M1070 if you A/B them with the 1570.
Haven't quite dialed it in yet, but stock is very listenable.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #382 of 1,015
I'm liking these too, first impressions are very good. Compares very well to my modded GL2000 and HE6se v2.
These are much better than the M1070. You do hear the "hollow" sound of the M1070 if you A/B them with the 1570.
Haven't quite dialed it in yet, but stock is very listenable.
I would be really curious to hear your comparison between these and the HE6se V2.

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #383 of 1,015
I would be really curious to hear your comparison between these and the HE6se V2.
In time. I think the HE6se V2 is a little bit better but I'm not even an hour in yet on the M1570. I'm also waiting on the Balanced Hart Audio cable I just ordered.

The M1570 may have better separation and a better soundstage. They have fundamental sound differences though, but both approaches work. They're closer than I initially would have believed.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #384 of 1,015
In time. I think the HE6se V2 is a little bit better but I'm not even an hour in yet on the M1570. I'm also waiting on the Balanced Hart Audio cable I just ordered.

The M1570 may have better separation and a better soundstage. They have fundamental sound differences though, but both approaches work. They're closer than I initially would have believed.
That speaks very well for the M1570's. Getting open box pricing on the HiFimans still puts them at double the price of my on sale M1570's, landed in Canada. :slight_smile:

Aug 30, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #387 of 1,015
I discovered something new. I came to realize that some of my songs in FB2K had some harshness to them, and after some analysis, it was from the songs clipping using current ReplayGain settings. So I adjusted my target dB level, and changed the setting from "apply gain" to "apply gain and prevent clipping using measured peaks"

No more harshness. :) Speaks to the headphone's ability to reveal flaws.

Aug 31, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #388 of 1,015
@hottyson

https://forum.headphones.com/t/audeze-lcd-x-2020-vs-monoprice-m1570-showdown/13437

Take a Dremel and cut down those bolts, will ya?! And as someone with Muscular Dystrophy, I can wear the 700g headphones all day long. So, do some neck exercises. :)

BTW, nice write-up! I too am concerned in the direction Schiit is going. I mean, the Asgard 3 is a home-run, but the Magnius is quite the fail. If I want an amp with opamps, then there are some decent gems, like the Monoprice THX 887 / SMSL SP200. I think Amir and The Cult of SINAD is doing more damage than good for the audio industry.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #389 of 1,015
@hottyson

https://forum.headphones.com/t/audeze-lcd-x-2020-vs-monoprice-m1570-showdown/13437

Take a Dremel and cut down those bolts, will ya?! And as someone with Muscular Dystrophy, I can wear the 700g headphones all day long. So, do some neck exercises. :)

BTW, nice write-up! I too am concerned in the direction Schiit is going. I mean, the Asgard 3 is a home-run, but the Magnius is quite the fail. If I want an amp with opamps, then there are some decent gems, like the Monoprice THX 887 / SMSL SP200. I think Amir and The Cult of SINAD is doing more damage than good for the audio industry.
Actually since that write up, Schiit has come through for me. I was having problems with my Heresy but they paid for shipping back to them and refunded me. Since that thread, I have purchased more Schiit amps. I own Magni 3, Magni 3+, Asgard 3, Jotunheim 1, Jotunheim 1 (2nd one), Jotunheim 2, and Lyr 3. Schiit is a good value and they stand behind their products.

Aug 31, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #390 of 1,015
Hey, I have been jumping in between reading from the M1070 and M1570 threads, as well as some amp treads. I wanted to ask in case I missed the reference to the M1570 being paired with the Monolith Liquid Platinum, which I have owned for quite some time. I usually use my hifiman hp with it, but have been interested in getting another monolith headphone since the days I owned the M1060. Please if anyone owns this pairing or has at least tried it for an adequate amount of time, then get back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back