Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions
Sep 4, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #826 of 1,409
obVRRHa.jpg

I just made these open back mod from purpleheart wood. I really like the improvement in sound so far. Stock sound is excellent but could be too intense. But with the mod, everything is just tiny bit more open and relaxed.

Sep 5, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #829 of 1,409
obVRRHa.jpg

I just made these open back mod from purpleheart wood. I really like the improvement in sound so far. Stock sound is excellent but could be too intense. But with the mod, everything is just tiny bit more open and relaxed.

I wonder could a semi open cup be made? Wood looks beautiful and If you can make a similar object fro the thieaudio phantom it would get some interest.

Sep 5, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #830 of 1,409
I wonder could a semi open cup be made? Wood looks beautiful and If you can make a similar object fro the thieaudio phantom it would get some interest.
Thanks! I'm quite proud of the result.The phantom looks quite similar in dimension and screw placement. I guess that wouldn't be too different to create a mod for those.

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #833 of 1,409
FYI Dekoni have suede m1060 pads now so a proper vegan alternative.
Interesting! Now we just need to find someone willing to compare the two and tell us if they indeed sound as good as vegans on the M1060/C

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #834 of 1,409
Interesting! Now we just need to find someone willing to compare the two and tell us if they indeed sound as good as vegans on the M1060/C
I tried the suede dekoni lcd pads an the m1060s and compared then against the vegan pads. They are not comparable. They muddy up the sound a touch and the bass is noticibly reduced.

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #835 of 1,409
I tried the suede dekoni lcd pads an the m1060s and compared then against the vegan pads. They are not comparable. They muddy up the sound a touch and the bass is noticibly reduced.
I am going to buy the zmf oval suedes which I heard are very comparable. Will let people know my findings. Should be picking them up at RMAF tomorrow. Already talked to Zack about it.

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #836 of 1,409

Thanks! I'm quite proud of the result.The phantom looks quite similar in dimension and screw placement. I guess that wouldn't be too different to create a mod for those.

If you make those for the Thieaudio Phantom, you have a sale right here. They look fantastic and I'd love a set.

I 100% agree. I tried the Dekoni LCD pads on my M1060 and they were not in the same ballpark as the Audeze vegans or the custom alcantara pads I had made by Vesper Audio.

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #837 of 1,409

Bummer. But, honestly, I'm not that surprised. Dekoni pads seem to be hit or miss with mostly misses.

I am going to buy the zmf oval suedes which I heard are very comparable. Will let people know my findings. Should be picking them up at RMAF tomorrow. Already talked to Zack about it.

But this is good news! I look forward to your analysis! :o2smile:

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #838 of 1,409
If you make those for the Thieaudio Phantom, you have a sale right here. They look fantastic and I'd love a set.

I 100% agree. I tried the Dekoni LCD pads on my M1060 and they were not in the same ballpark as the Audeze vegans or the custom alcantara pads I had made by Vesper Audio.
Do you have a set or happen to have a dimension for the grill. I'll see what I can do. I'm gonna try to experiment with different grill pattern when I get access to a laser cutter.

Sep 6, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #839 of 1,409
Do you have a set or happen to have a dimension for the grill. I'll see what I can do. I'm gonna try to experiment with different grill pattern when I get access to a laser cutter.

I do have a set. I'll take a grill off tomorrow and get some measurements and I'll post them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back