1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by FastAndClean, Jan 12, 2018.
First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58
Next

Last
  1. LUCILLE667
    [​IMG]

I just made these open back mod from purpleheart wood. I really like the improvement in sound so far. Stock sound is excellent but could be too intense. But with the mod, everything is just tiny bit more open and relaxed.

bgtip, trellus, Inoculator and 3 others like this.
  2. SolaVirtus
    That looks awesome. Great picture, too.

LUCILLE667 likes this.
  3. FireLion
    FYI Dekoni have suede m1060 pads now so a proper vegan alternative.

theangelboy likes this.
  4. FireLion
    I wonder could a semi open cup be made? Wood looks beautiful and If you can make a similar object fro the thieaudio phantom it would get some interest.

Tony51 and OldDude04 like this.
  5. LUCILLE667
    Thanks! I'm quite proud of the result.The phantom looks quite similar in dimension and screw placement. I guess that wouldn't be too different to create a mod for those.

Tony51, OldDude04 and FireLion like this.
  6. rgmffn
    You should be proud! They look awesome and that shot is beautiful!

7. muths66
    I looking for good close back are this model better than other monoprice one?

8. theangelboy
    Interesting! Now we just need to find someone willing to compare the two and tell us if they indeed sound as good as vegans on the M1060/C

Tony51 likes this.
  9. jotaku
    I tried the suede dekoni lcd pads an the m1060s and compared then against the vegan pads. They are not comparable. They muddy up the sound a touch and the bass is noticibly reduced.

theangelboy and OldDude04 like this.
  10. jotaku
    I am going to buy the zmf oval suedes which I heard are very comparable. Will let people know my findings. Should be picking them up at RMAF tomorrow. Already talked to Zack about it.

11. OldDude04
    If you make those for the Thieaudio Phantom, you have a sale right here. They look fantastic and I'd love a set.

I 100% agree. I tried the Dekoni LCD pads on my M1060 and they were not in the same ballpark as the Audeze vegans or the custom alcantara pads I had made by Vesper Audio.

theangelboy and Tony51 like this.
  12. theangelboy
    Bummer. But, honestly, I'm not that surprised. Dekoni pads seem to be hit or miss with mostly misses.

But this is good news! I look forward to your analysis! :o2smile:

13. LUCILLE667
    Do you have a set or happen to have a dimension for the grill. I'll see what I can do. I'm gonna try to experiment with different grill pattern when I get access to a laser cutter.

14. OldDude04
    I do have a set. I'll take a grill off tomorrow and get some measurements and I'll post them up.

15. senegalas
    Hey quick question. What kind of sound difference could I expect if removed that white dust filter from the driver?

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58
Next

Last