MOFASEST Trio. Dedicated thread. Post your thoughts.
Aug 20, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #106 of 318
Sorry, I'm pretty sure this has been addressed before, but current (& immediate future) version of the Mofos is 0.78mm 2-pin connectors, right? If I order, I'd probably get an alternative cable (for 4.4 balanced) as part of the same order; would be bummed to buy the wrong format.

Aug 20, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #107 of 318
I got both. You want to know if Blessing 2 can hang with the trio? Not really. Blessing 2 I like for its laid back sound, large stage and good detail. Mofo is more in your face, aka much more energetic sonic character. Images better, has a bigger bass impact and bass presence in general. more dimensional sounding. Treble has more refinement. Mofos sounds more higher end in general over the Blessing 2.

I got a nice higher end cable the GS849 from Penon on the Blessing 2 and it brings those to another level but it isn't quite the sound of the Mofos. Sonion Estats sounds amazing for treble. To be fair the sonic signature of the Blessing 2 is completely different so we arent exactly comparing two of the exact same types of sound here. These two are more complimentary than competing actually.
Thanks mate. I own B2 but I was looking for something to compliment actually, was considering EJ07/ST7 but prices of these went up since they got popular. Also considering Clairvoyance, but its 200$ more than Trio.
Decisions decisions decisions.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #109 of 318
Joining the club soon. Going for team blue, green also beautiful but blue suits me more.
Can't wait to hear them soon!

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #110 of 318
I like to post this when I see folks going over to the dark side.
1598025272424.png

Aug 22, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #111 of 318
So there was some grey area when it came to the mids BAs. I just found out Mofasest Trios use Sonion 2600 BAs for mids to the highs. Penon page describes the Mids to be using Sonion BAs and so it turned out to be right.

" The mid-high frequency uses 2 Sonion hole-type drivers to bring out outstanding vocal performance. Its vocal is warm, delicate, rich in emotion, and non-irritating"

Aug 22, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #112 of 318
"... the Trio definitely hit it out of the ballpark with a satisfying... " - audio123reviews
Extremely enticing this set...

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #113 of 318
I got both. You want to know if Blessing 2 can hang with the trio? Not really. Blessing 2 I like for its laid back sound, large stage and good detail. Mofo is more in your face, aka much more energetic sonic character. Images better, has a bigger bass impact and bass presence in general. more dimensional sounding. Treble has more refinement. Mofos sounds more higher end in general over the Blessing 2.

I got a nice higher end cable the GS849 from Penon on the Blessing 2 and it brings those to another level but it isn't quite the sound of the Mofos. Sonion Estats sounds amazing for treble. To be fair the sonic signature of the Blessing 2 is completely different so we arent exactly comparing two of the exact same types of sound here. These two are more complimentary than competing actually.
Blessing 2 have a bigger sound stage and better detail compared to trio? i heard that trio's mid is a bit laid back so it's not a really good iem for vocal (v shape ) (?)

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #114 of 318
Blessing 2 have a bigger sound stage and better detail compared to trio? i heard that trio's mid is a bit laid back so it's not a really good iem for vocal (v shape ) (?)

Review text courtesy @audio123
1598441450885.png

vs. a gold standard IEM...
I respect what the Trio has done for the depth, and the Andro's depth is really deep. heavily contribute to a v. good performance level holo. imaging & very far from closed in, per my last audition (i auditoned the 2019 version).
Concerning the Trio's width & height, a cable upgrade could be in order for this deficiency...

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #116 of 318
Mine is coming soon. Will do a proper FR graph later

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #118 of 318

Not true at all. My Blessing 2 gets occasional use my Trio all the time. Why? cus it is a versatile sound. I like how the mids are portrayed in the Blessing 2 but the Trio is really dependent on source pairings. It synergizes amazing with my Fiio M15. which has some rich mids. Trio is very transparent of the source it is attached to so I don't miss vocals at all. I actually like my trio female vocals better than the Blessing 2. Male vocals is a wash. Overall I am considering selling off my Blessing 2 actually is all you need to know.

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #119 of 318
Not true at all. My Blessing 2 gets occasional use my Trio all the time. Why? cus it is a versatile sound. I like how the mids are portrayed in the Blessing 2 but the Trio is really dependent on source pairings. It synergizes amazing with my Fiio M15. which has some rich mids. Trio is very transparent of the source it is attached to so I don't miss vocals at all. I actually like my trio female vocals better than the Blessing 2. Male vocals is a wash. Overall I am considering selling off my Blessing 2 actually is all you need to know.
The trio mid is not too laid back because of fiio m15? what if i dont have fiio m15 but only had hiby r3 that doesnt enchance its mid much like m15? is it still worth to get trio or should just buy blessing 2? i mainly like balance sound because it could fit any genre of music and really didn't like v shape because the mid is really laid back and the vocal might be too thin to my liking.

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #120 of 318
How about you buy my Blessing 2 will give you a decent deal.

If all you want is vocals. You need to get something like a Penon Orb. that is what phone you should be looking into. Your looking at the wrong thread.

Penon Orbs sound superb with vocals male of female. About the best I have for vocal performance. You can use a weak sauce source too and it sounds great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back