Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #377 of 3,042
That was a typo. fixed it now. It indeed contains T2 without mistake. THX for pointing it out!
Thanks, already downloaded it. With all the universal firmware for 1A, it is only J3AU.exe that I am unable to download due to virus flagged set by windows 10 antivirus. All are ok, maybe there is some kind of signature in the file that interpreted by antivirus as virus?

Mar 4, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #378 of 3,042
Thanks, already downloaded it. With all the universal firmware for 1A, it is only J3AU.exe that I am unable to download due to virus flagged set by windows 10 antivirus. All are ok, maybe there is some kind of signature in the file that interpreted by antivirus as virus?
Nah it's totally random. I am the maker who compiled them but even my defender intercepts several exe downloads. U need to lower your security settings to let them through.

Mar 4, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #379 of 3,042
First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your great effort! @Morbideath ,@Whitigir.

My setup;
Wm1z, region j, fw Ultimat 1.02 - so far best combination for me.

What is your opinion about ultimate 1.02 vs jupiter t2,t3?
U1.02 is a slight v-shaped version in Tier 1 level. It has less bass than Mars and less resolution than Mercury, mids are more recessed than Jupiter. Kinds of an allrounder

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #380 of 3,042
Attention!
https://www.head-fi.org/members/whitigir.378966/
https://www.head-fi.org/members/morbideath.526985/
My God!

I was not in no way expecting J3AU and J1AU to become such a revolution? I almost broke into tears. I'm speechless? They take the soundstage of D1.02 and expand it out even farther. They take the slight underground style earthy forwardness and forced attitude of D1.02 and add world-class smoothness and refinement. I started with J1 but found J3 to have a slightly better and more evenhanded treble responce.

1A stock Japanese Tourist with no region adjustment just over 500 hours

ZENTOO 4core 4.4mm

Noble Audio K-10 Encore

You guys rule!

Mar 4, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #381 of 3,042
i awoke this morning to find another planet to explore. Mars is a fun place to visit where the hills are a little taller, the valleys a little deeper and an overall airy feel to the environment. i am currently traveling through the T2 pod and see that my journey is far from over. i was concerned that the vehicle i was doing all this teleportation would be capable of handling my journey, but the WM-1A in its stock configuration is up to the task.

i am really digging all this space travel

Mar 4, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #384 of 3,042
Thanks for this amazing work guys !

I have a question tho, in order to appreciate these massive changes, do you have to disable all audio settings like DSEE HX, CC linear, etc ?

It may seem obvious to you but....

Thanks again from France

experimentation will provide the best experience for your ears

Mar 4, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #386 of 3,042
Thanks for this amazing work guys !

I have a question tho, in order to appreciate these massive changes, do you have to disable all audio settings like DSEE HX, CC linear, etc ?

It may seem obvious to you but....

Thanks again from France
The audio settings are in addition to the firmware changes, so they will take effect. However, it would make sense to set to Direct ON while you are trying out the various FW mods, as this will let you see what the FW is changing, without the Audio settings complicating things. First, decide which FW you like, and then set Direct OFF, and you are then on the new FW, plus your audio settings.

Mar 4, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #387 of 3,042
The audio settings are in addition to the firmware changes, so they will take effect. However, it would make sense to set to Direct ON while you are trying out the various FW mods, as this will let you see what the FW is changing, without the Audio settings complicating things. First, decide which FW you like, and then set Direct OFF, and you are then on the new FW, plus your audio settings.

I will do that, thank you :wink:

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #389 of 3,042
I do the revesrse one I use my custom best settings for the combo DAP IEM then go directmode see if I like it and at last custom tune it at max.. dough I havent try high gain in new FW...

Mar 4, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #390 of 3,042
I was going without any feel of pressure uppon the autors of the new FW wich I love and brings tons of Joy to may here Included me again congrats on such usefull work, but could we make if possible a remake of FW 3.00 and elevate it subbass and leaving rest untouched? i dont know if its even possible to clone its settings to new 3.02 variants? just an idea since i really like its sounding dough I feel it needs some subbass enfasis or weight in the subbass dont know if thats really possible but I will really apreciate that and its not my intention to encourage firmware request dough I doubth there is any since everione its happy, again same 3.00 same gain levels same trebble same awesome staging just more deep subbass rumble... thanks again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back