Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #406 of 3,042
So my 1Z did the same thing when I tried to convert from US to Japan and then tried to download J firmware. I can still download using Universal FW though. Does that mean that my DAP is still US region? Thanks!

There are 2 region codes. The soft region code that the rockbox tool can change and then a hard code that can’t be changed indicated by the label on the side of the player and it is that decides which of the 3 fw files you needå

Mar 6, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #407 of 3,042
So my 1Z did the same thing when I tried to convert from US to Japan and then tried to download J firmware. I can still download using Universal FW though. Does that mean that my DAP is still US region? Thanks!
hey buddy, your hardware region can never be changed. This can be identified by the sticker/etching on the left of your 1z/a. What you're changing using rockbox is your software region. So you always only need to use the universal version of all the modded firmwares here. Europe is only for models sold in europe and japan is only for those sold in japan. The rest of the world uses universal. Hope that clears the air for you.

Mar 6, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #410 of 3,042
I checked my WM1A is UK version. So the universal FW should work but it can't upload to my 1A.

UK is in Europe so that’s the one you need

Mar 7, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #416 of 3,042
Nope! It is Covid 19 that is effecting it

damn, i just send a cable to Singapore for repair, and it takes 1 month at least without all this corona delays on top...

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #417 of 3,042
I'm so confused... I have a 1Z with Jap label. I checked and I have a J firmware, so far so good but when I try to run the .exe it doesn't work...
1st I did not unzip with 7zip so it was not working
Then I had to stop my Avast to let it go
still it doesn't work... I see a mess in the SWupdate xml file
sony.jpg

please help me! :)

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #418 of 3,042
I'm so confused... I have a 1Z with Jap label. I checked and I have a J firmware, so far so good but when I try to run the .exe it doesn't work...
1st I did not unzip with 7zip so it was not working
Then I had to stop my Avast to let it go
still it doesn't work... I see a mess in the SWupdate xml file
sony.jpg

please help me! :)
Is this D1.02?

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #420 of 3,042
@Morbideath yes that what I have in package/data/device
FYI I try to run Jupiter 2 Jap version of the 1z

Should I delete all which are not 1Z?
So confusing... thanks
Try Universal version since u may have a Japan Tourist Edition