Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #106 of 3,042
Ooops, I tried to update with the DMP-Z1 1.02 but it seems not working at all ( Still stay in Official 3.02..., the update software said that update successful but nothing change at all....Anyone having the seem issues? How can i get it wiht DMP-Z1 1.02 Help !!! >.<

Feb 27, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #108 of 3,042
Good news, I have figured out that it would be possible to make macOS versions of these updaters.

I have a Windows system so I don't need to make a macOS version but would do it if anyone is interested

So, let me know if anyone is interested and I'll start with "Ultimate 1.02" as a proof of concept.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #111 of 3,042
Good news, I have figured out that it would be possible to make macOS versions of these updaters.

I have a Windows system so I don't need to make a macOS version but would do it if anyone is interested

So, let me know if anyone is interested and I'll start with "Ultimate 1.02" as a proof of concept.
yes, i would be interested in a macos version

thanks!

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #112 of 3,042

yes please!

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #113 of 3,042
D1.02 has silky smooth and effortless highs, while the treble of U1.02 is a bit elevated. In most setups, this treble is a bit grainy and even harsh. But the details become more obvious. On my setup, the timbre of solo violin is of a tad more metallic tint. Some may enjoy it, and some may not.

I will agree with your statement but in my personal preference I will not trade musicality and melodicality for improved easier treble detail...

My iems are already able to bring that nice metalic zing by their nature. And dmp1.02 has blacker background vs u1.02.

With my setup dmp1.02 is fabulous!

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #114 of 3,042
Looks like all the fw mods on Morbideath's site are deleted now! :scream:

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #115 of 3,042
I will agree with your statement but in my personal preference I will not trade musicality and melodicality for improved easier treble detail...

My iems are already able to bring that nice metalic zing by their nature. And dmp1.02 has blacker background vs u1.02.

With my setup dmp1.02 is fabulous!

Me either, and im a even more extreme basshead than u
You don't know the power of the dark side!

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #117 of 3,042
Me either, and im a even more extreme basshead than u

I am not a regular bass head guy. I dont even consider my self as a bass head!
I love quality bass and deep tight visceral bass with speed and tactile feel.
Textures and layers also is very pleasant!

I usually dont like mid tier daps because they are unable to reproduce bass with all its different timbers and textures and layers. They have like the same slam and boom all over all music tracks. They have 0 ability to play the different bass notes.

Here wm1z + dmp1.02 its just mindblowing! This is desktop lvl baby!

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #119 of 3,042
I will add my 2 cents!

After playing with all the fw and falling in love with wm2z that I thought was the best fw...

I gave a try to dmp1.02 funny to say I dont know why but that fw was the last one I tried haha.

And oh my god it is the best fw of them all.
It has impressive control and clarity with a boost of resolution. The treble is very smooth and not as elevated as with 1z stock.

The bass oh my god the best bas I ever heard in my life!
I am so impressed with dmp1.02 fw it is now my official fw and my end game ! I cant stop listening O I am shocked how good the bass is
There is no bloated bass its clean!

Love dmp1.02 I wish I could insert that fw into my zx-507 haha
WM1Z right?

Feb 27, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #120 of 3,042
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back