Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #2,372 of 3,042
WM1A - AudioNote Kasei Edition
Neotech 20AWG 7N OCC solid copper

Just have to say this again before it gets lost in the thread...Beautiful job on this player. Perfect placement of these caps, and flawless installation :) whoever is getting it is in for a treat.
I will be ripping it off to the mm haha
Hopefully I get all my parts before the Riots kick off again. Or Covid Lockdown part 2 is implemented. Simply have to have my souped up 1A :)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #2,375 of 3,042
I was looking into shielding and why some modders are completely covering the chips to the edge,
Screenshot_20200423-115802__01.jpg
when internally, I see the actual wafers are in the middle:
Screenshot_20200608-081928__01.jpg
:)

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #2,378 of 3,042
Such mad insane Tune up ! the last picture showing the cap size is just holy molly that huge ! Man How does it sound already I am drooling here and I got 2 modified 1z's on hands what is wrong me hahaha

Not had much chance to enjoy listening but it's like a whole new dap on a whole new level, plus add @whitgers firmware :)

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #2,379 of 3,042
Just have to say this again before it gets lost in the thread...Beautiful job on this player. Perfect placement of these caps, and flawless installation :) whoever is getting it is in for a treat.
I will be ripping it off to the mm haha
Hopefully I get all my parts before the Riots kick off again. Or Covid Lockdown part 2 is implemented. Simply have to have my souped up 1A :)

This ones mine, it was also the guinea pig for testing. Also arrived but not tested yet, Nichicon KZ 330uf, even longer than the Kasei and also fits :)

Jun 8, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #2,380 of 3,042
I will be ripping it off to the mm haha.

Our corrupt elected officials are planning it, in order for their economic collapse & extremist ajendas to transpire, at everyone's expense.

Regardless, I agree with you about @Nayparm circuit design.
It is the reference blueprint for what I will follow as well. Not easy to replicate.

The year 2020 is the worse .... and here we are getting Covid lock II ? Common ....
I predict it won't happen again in US.
Americans are not a docile society, which is integral to what Globalist normally depend on, when causing kaos in countries.
:p

It is in the middle but the conductors expands outward covering the whole chip enclosure
I wonder if the conductor extensions act as antenna?
The noise is generated from the center.
The edges are neutral.

I am thinking the shielding should be at those edges, while the absorbtion TDK pad should be in the middle...

Not had much chance to enjoy listening but it's like a whole new dap on a whole new level, plus add @whitgers firmware :)
So is that the same unit that you moded before with rubycon/elna?

This ones mine, it was also the guinea pig for testing.
That's great. You open my eyes to how it could be done.
Have you noted differences between your moded units and testing?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #2,381 of 3,042

That one was a repair plus mod.

I didn't write down anything, i wasn't that scientific :D Extended wires and as much burn in and combinations as time and my sanity would allow :D Silmics are really nice but get too large to use in many areas at the values I wanted. Kasei seemed to excel and also fit with the extended hight of the laser cut copper backs.

Jun 8, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #2,382 of 3,042
Our corrupt elected officials are planning it, in order for their economic collapse & extremist ajendas to transpire, at everyone's expense.

Regardless, I agree with you about @Nayparm circuit design.
It is the reference blueprint for what I will follow as well. Not easy to replicate.

I predict it won't happen again in US.
Americans are not a docile society, which is integral to what Globalist normally depend on, when causing kaos in countries.
:p

I wonder if the conductor extensions act as antenna?
The noise is generated from the center.
The edges are neutral.

I am thinking the shielding should be at those edges, while the absorbtion TDK pad should be in the middle...

This is funny.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/health-care-open-letter-protests-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

"However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders."

So now if you Protest and Riot and Loot for the Democrat party, it's Vital to the public health.......but if you want to get back to work and open up your business.....Covid will kill someone's grandma. This is comedy.
In England they banned sex with anyone outside their household, but you can protest and riot for a man killed in Minnesota on the other side of the planet :) no Problem.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...own-law-couples-indoors-england-a9542171.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-52954899

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,383 of 3,042
That one was a repair plus mod.

I didn't write down anything, i wasn't that scientific :D Extended wires and as much burn in and combinations as time and my sanity would allow :D Silmics are really nice but get too large to use in many areas at the values I wanted. Kasei seemed to excel and also fit with the extended hight of the laser cut copper backs.
would love some in depth sound impressions when you have some time.

Jun 8, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #2,384 of 3,042
This is funny.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/health-care-open-letter-protests-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

"However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders."

So now if you Protest and Riot and Loot for the Democrat party, it's Vital to the public health.......but if you want to get back to work and open up your business.....Covid will kill someone's grandma. This is comedy.
In England they banned sex with anyone outside their household, but you can protest and riot for a man killed in Minnesota on the other side of the planet :) no Problem.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...own-law-couples-indoors-england-a9542171.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-52954899
Lol!
U guys are crazy

Jun 8, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #2,385 of 3,042
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back