Modifcations for a cheap Logitech amp/sub?
Feb 8, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #18 of 74
My end budget...That's kind of the reasoning behind what I'm trying to do. I have an amp board. I have the transformer and wiring harness and satellite speakers. I don't see a purpose of trashing these parts or reusing them on something else...as that would render everything else remaining in the 2.1 setup useless. 

I'd really like to keep it sub $50 which is why I'm trying to base it off something I already have.

I bought a new subwoofer as well. It's a HiVi (Swan) M4N. It's an 8Ohm speaker whilst the sub that it is replacing was a 4Ohm speaker. The datasheet for the TFA9842J says that it can do only 7.5W on a 4ohm speaker and 15W on an 8ohm speaker. Hopefully that will work out and there won't be any power issues.

It cost me $20 shipped. So with the $20 I spent on replacement parts and $20 on the woofer, I have about $10 left in the budget to go towards building a new sub box. I think I have MDF in the garage, but I might need to get some sealant or something.

Hopefully I'm not sounding too noobish. I guess trying to fix something that is already a piece of crap is sort of useless, but to my ears, the stock Logitech sub really didn't sound all that bad...

Well, everything should be in within about a week. I hope it works out well. There's really not much that could go wrong.

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #19 of 74
It bewilders me how people can have budgets like $50 that aren't adjustable..

Must be all children?

IDK

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #23 of 74
Wow now I feel stupid as hell....I just bought an 8ohm speaker for a 4ohm amplifier. According to the datasheet, I thought it was an 8ohm but I was wrong....Shoot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back