Modi/Vali vs Aune T1 + amperex 7308 Gold Pin upgrade for HE-400
Dec 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Daemos

100+ Head-Fier
So I've downgraded my setup, sold my HE-6, sold my Audio GD DI and Audio GD ES9018 DAC and 110wpc Yamaha speaker amp...

I purchased the HE-400 based on the black friday sale, and I'm looking to pair it with a new dac and amp. I'm looking at the Schiit Modi/Vali combo and the Aune T1

The things I loved about the HE-6 combo above was sound stage, instrument separation, and it was pretty fun, the things I hated, sibilance, sibilance, and harsh treble (to my ears, but I'm sensitive to sibilance), I loved how deep the bass was and the speed, but I wanted more impact (I might be a bit of a bass head). I'm looking for a tube setup for a change from solid state everything.

Schiit is a very well known company, and many have said great things about the Modi and Vali, however, some people have said they lean towards analytically sounding, and the amp may not have enough power to drive the HE-400 (someone mentioned it on the Vali thread), and no USB or RCA cables.

The Aune T1 seems to have very good reviews, but Aune at least to me is an unknown company, but even with an amperex 7308 Gold Pin tube upgrade it's the same price as the Modi/Vali combo shipped to me. It seems to have more power in the headphone camp, it's an AIO unit, and it comes with a USB cable at least...

Does anyone have any opinions to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back